Virat Kohli - finished as a batsman?

R!TTER

55 minutes ago, raki05 said:

So i should live in past .... have you read my comment or you are still living in 2016-2018. Test is not t20 how many test he won by his batting performance overseas in past 3 years. Even Hahane won a test that to  by playing back against the wall inning. BTW  how many years back was ct13 and after that how many icc even happened and what was his performance in the knockout. All we see now from him is bullying of afg,bd and wi bowlers in t20 where this selfish clown never leave an opportunity to play and as an when main event comes he will get out on first ball and embarrass himself and his fanboys. If i were kohli fan i would have shutup and watch the match thread silently till he perform again.

What a post sirji. I repsect Kohli and I do believe he is one of the best ever. But he has failed too many times now. Either give up captiancy or play as Batsman. Or don't play ?

Current performance matters. Past is past. 

He needs to man up and step up to the task in the second innings. last chance. 

He also looks 4 years older than his listed age. Compare him to smithy who looks his age. His white patch doesn't help either.

2 hours ago, raki05 said:

So i should live in past .... have you read my comment or you are still living in 2016-2018. Test is not t20 how many test he won by his batting performance overseas in past 3 years. Even Hahane won a test that to  by playing back against the wall inning. BTW  how many years back was ct13 and after that how many icc even happened and what was his performance in the knockout. All we see now from him is bullying of afg,bd and wi bowlers in t20 where this selfish clown never leave an opportunity to play and as an when main event comes he will get out on first ball and embarrass himself and his fanboys. If i were kohli fan i would have shutup and watch the match thread silently till he perform again.

Past three years means 2018 2019 2020

Now we had tours to SA, Aus, Eng and Nz in that period

Highest rum scorer in SA, highest run scorer in the only match we qon

Highest run scorer in england, yet again highest run scorer in the only match we won

Avgd 43 in australia in 2018-2019 with 83 odd in a test victory at mcg. 

He failed on one overseas tours i. e newzealand. 

Good lord..... Saying logicless things in an authoritative tone doesn't mean you know squat. 

Similarly he was man of the series in odis series in 2020 against aus full strength. 

Afg, wi, ban really? should i pull up stats and show his numbers against all the teams, why are you embarrassing yourselves. 

Actually he averages way lesser against minnows. Hadd hai bas muh kholke kuch bhi bhaunk do without stats and fact check. 

Not even a single line of what you wrote is true. 

Kohli has too much on his plate. He is captaining all three formats. Its a hectic time schedule with the IPL thrown in. He should stop playing t20is after this wc t20 is over and have a split captaincy with Rohit in ODIs and him in tests. I would even give the test captaincy to Rahane for the time being. Rahane is much more shrewd in test captaincy and Kohli can concentrate on what he does best - His batting. I don't think he is done with his batting but realize the stress with captaining and playing in all formats. He has another 4-5 years of playing if he manages his workload

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

Past three years means 2018 2019 2020

Now we had tours to SA, Aus, Eng and Nz in that period

Highest rum scorer in SA, highest run scorer in the only match we qon

Highest run scorer in england, yet again highest run scorer in the only match we won

Avgd 43 in australia in 2018-2019 with 83 odd in a test victory at mcg. 

He failed on one overseas tours i. e newzealand. 

Good lord..... Saying logicless things in an authoritative tone doesn't mean you know squat. 

Similarly he was man of the series in odis series in 2020 against aus full strength. 

Afg, wi, ban really? should i pull up stats and show his numbers against all the teams, why are you embarrassing yourselves. 

Actually he averages way lesser against minnows. Hadd hai bas muh kholke kuch bhi bhaunk do without stats and fact check. 

Not even a single line of what you wrote is true. 

:hysterical:  Lagey raho ... bilkul sahi ja rahey ho.

11 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Kohli will never play as a player again. Too big a name to play under anyone. So he will remain captain till retirement.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not sure how he is bigger than Sachin. Even Dhoni who is more viewed as a captain than a batsman or a keeper had no issues in playing under Kohli.

Kohli fanboys should keep their jingoism to themselves coz dude has been doing jack sh*** since 2019 even that ton was against BD ffs..  His slump started in WC itself.  His limited strokes ability & slower reflexes are clearly visible.  The fact that he is barely able to rotate or use his feet against spin suggests everything u need to see.  As I said before he won't be able to reach 50 average by some distance at the end of his career & I am being generous here. 

4 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Correct.

There is a guy that averages over 50 in Test match cricket in India and in his last innings scored 70+ runs, it doesnt mean Tendulkar should still be in the team.

Kohli is finished. Its just a matter of when the BCCI dump him. He may score the odd 100 here and there, but in terms of relying on him to be a regular contributor are over.

Its damning that if I needed a century to save my life, I would rather Pant be the batsman a player that Kohli wouldnt play in the Adelaide Test, than Kohli himself, the captain.

His fall has been awfully bad for Indian cricket.

The quicker someone rises the harder they fall.

Indian fans need to wake up to the reality that his peak was 2015-2018 which took around 4 years of playing for India first. Since 2018 his form has been abysmal. Him doing well in T20I and ODIs is not a fair comparison as we have other batsmen capable of scoring runs, In test matches, the top order is sketchy and unpredictable, middle order has 2 bozos who Rahane and Pujara. Thats when we need Kolhi to provide that authroity to continue the flow of runs. We cannot keep relying on Pant, Sundar, Jadeja and Ashwin to bail us out every match.

Kohli is getting old and his reflexes may not ne the same, yes is physically fit but what's the point of no injuries when you arent making runs for the team AND your captaincy has a negative effect on players.

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Kohli has too much on his plate. He is captaining all three formats. Its a hectic time schedule with the IPL thrown in. He should stop playing t20is after this wc t20 is over and have a split captaincy with Rohit in ODIs and him in tests. I would even give the test captaincy to Rahane for the time being. Rahane is much more shrewd in test captaincy and Kohli can concentrate on what he does best - His batting. I don't think he is done with his batting but realize the stress with captaining and playing in all formats. He has another 4-5 years of playing if he manages his workload

Dude took 4 weeks off and no cricket since lockdown. So he essentially only played IPL a test in Australia , few one days and tests here. This year he doesn’t has too much load. 

Kohli even if he is in decline is still better batsman than many of the players. He has not been scoring 100s on regular basis. He did score fifties in first two tests and one test he played Australia and yet people are talking as if he is failing  that is the high standard he has set for himself. 

NZ series is the series where he completely flopped, it happens to best of the players.

Don't get it why people are citing 'fitness' as a point in favour of Kohli. He has to play international cricket. He isn't a Zumba instructor.

All those 'sculpted' looks amount to nothing if he can't score. A total dad+ bod like Rohit Sharma scored runs with ease in all those venues where Kohli has failed.

And Kohli's fielding too has gone to the dogs. He has nothing to contribute to the team atm.