Match ka Mujrim for today's India vs England 2nd ODI

Who is the culprit for India's loss today?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the culprit for India's loss today?

Can't be getting too worked up over a random bilateral game ... No wonder, Ind cric is too focused on the short term 

PS Over the years, so far Ind has lost more ODI games than it has won (v major teams excl BD & Zim) 

Overall figures
Team Span Mat Won Lost Tied NR W/L Ave RPO Inns HS LS  
India 1974-2021 863 407 410 6 40 0.992 32.63 5.03 851 418
Edited by zen
11 minutes ago, zen said:

Can't be getting too worked up over a random bilateral game ... No wonder, Ind cric is too focused on the short term 

PS Over the years, so far Ind has lost more ODI games than it has won (v major teams excl BD & Zim) 

Overall figures

Between 1975-1983 India didn’t even take Odis seriously. In fact in 83 all the players were ready to go to USA to play an exhibition game before the knockouts. That’s how much they believed in themselves.

Also in mid 90’s we had a rough patch when we were literally a 1 man team.

you should look at stats in LoI’s from 2001-2002 onwards.

15 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Between 1975-1983 India didn’t even take Odis seriously. In fact in 83 all the players were ready to go to USA to play an exhibition game before the knockouts. That’s how much they believed in themselves.

Also in mid 90’s we had a rough patch when we were literally a 1 man team.

you should look at stats in LoI’s from 2001-2002 onwards.

I am making a bigger point of not worrying about loses after every game ... we don't want to go the below way:

angry-story-647_061917031040_0.jpg

35 minutes ago, zen said:

Overall figures

i dont think people here are getting worked over the defeat,... dont think anybody cares about this JAMODI series win..

we are just not learning and we are comfortable with these jamodi wins and we dont improve... you can see the results in the icc tournaments .. we just dont have the team or not building the team  to cross those curcial knock out games.. we are just not building the right team.. instead we are satisfied with tried , tested and failed seniors time and again..

atleast thats what my gripe is..

1 minute ago, zubinpepsi said:

i dont think people here are getting worked over the defeat,... dont think anybody cares about this JAMODI series win..

we are just not learning and we are comfortable with these jamodi wins and we dont improve... you can see the results in the icc tournaments .. we just dont have the team or not building the team  to cross those curcial knock out games.. we are just not building the right team.. instead we are satisfied with tried , tested and failed seniors time and again..

atleast thats what my gripe is..

That can be a case at times where one could start a topic focusing on improving the game ... but this one is a match ka mujrim thread for a random bilateral ... In every game, no matter what the result, not everyone is going to perform (it is a given)

We got out of the hole in the first match, this England team can chase even 400 on their day, I think our bowlers lack experience apart from Bhuvi. Shardul, Prasidh, Krunal, are all fairly new, Kuldeep has lost his mojo. I think we dint bowl well at England, there were far too many short stuff bowled at England initially, Prasidhs first spell was atrocious. Krunal is not an Intl Standard. So i think our bowlers are the mujrims of the match. 

The ease at which Stokes and Bairstow were playing our spinners showed this was a pure T20 pitch.

If they don't make pitches batting friendly every game will be a coin toss as you just need to target the shorter boundaries and spinners, if it clicks you win, if you get holed out in the deep, you lose.

Pathetic that India makes such shitty pitches, who will even want to toil and be a bowler if we keep seeing this in England, AUS, NZ, SA too all high scoring pitches here