Gavaskar says Pant has what it takes to become one of the top captains of the country

Captaincy on the field is overrrated. Tactics can be only as good as players who are excecuting the plans.Wks in general are aware of what is going on the field more than other players.Player's performance should not suffer due to captaincy other things can be learnt on the job.

4 hours ago, Vickydev said:

Everyone aboard the Pant train...kisiko miss nahi karna hai

On a serious note, his captaincy was very dull in the few matches I saw of Delhi

His captaincy was pretty good I thought for someone doing it in T20 for the first time

5 hours ago, Vickydev said:

Everyone aboard the Pant train...kisiko miss nahi karna hai

On a serious note, his captaincy was very dull in the few matches I saw of Delhi

Nah I love that he was willing to try his own things and trying to experiment even if sometimes they were not working out 

11 hours ago, Adamant said:

Oh god here comes the captaincy brigade.... 

The greatest Indian player of all time is SRT and he was probably the worst captain of all time, what is it with critics trying to project every talented player as a potential captain, who cares?

SRTs captaincy results had a lot to do with him having zero selection power and match fixers in his team who formed groups 

Gavaskar thinks he can become next

msd/Kohli so wants to be in his good books.. an year ago he lambasted him for playing an aggressive shot in an odi in WI ( even when our victory was confrmed)

Edited by Vk1
52 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Gavaskar thinks he can become next

msd/Kohli so wants to be in his good books.. an year ago he lambasted him for playing an aggressive shot in an odi in WI ( even when our victory was confrmed)

Opinions can change. Pant is a better and more experienced player now. Perhaps that's why Sunny is rating him more now than a year back. 

I do agree that Sunny does criticizes anyone who is technically incorrect or gets out playing a shot. He needs to come to terms with the ODI and T20i format. Probably stuck in those good old days of plodding well for a full days play.  Sunny needs to understand that cricket has changed. It cannot be the way he played 50 years back.