Which state is biggest freeloader in India?

Trichromatic

Tbh, even though it may seem like the politically cliched answer, I genuinely think that most (if not all) states contribute in something or the other, all of which are invaluable - sci & tech, manual labour, political leadership, military, arts, and so on.

40 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

I was thinking Punjab but yes, J&K, particularly Kashmir.

What about Bihar?

For example: 

https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1830039

Bihar contributes little over 1% to the GST revenue.

Gets 10% of central colleddction? https://www.indiabudget.gov.in/doc/rec/annex4.pdf

JK

Bengal, a national migraine tbh, once a great state, now only trouble for others. 

In general eastern part of India and couple of central states are freeloaders. Even the Gangetic belt states have shown so much improvement in recent times. JK too may improve one day, Bengal is a gone case. 

44 minutes ago, Gollum said:

From the legendary BC Roy to Mamata, no other region in India has seen such a drastic downgrade in leadership in less than half a century. Sure 35 years of Left Front rule did its part, but Mamata has taken Bengal to a point of no return. 

She seems like a psycho. I wonder how she used to handle a ministry like Railway previously. She is unfathomable. She isn't even capable of handling any responsible post. She speaks gibberish most of the times.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

She seems like a psycho. I wonder how she used to handle a ministry like Railway previously. She is unfathomable. She isn't even capable of handling any responsible post. She speaks gibberish most of the times.

One of the greatest mysteries is how people like this get a mass following.  Anywhere in the world you look, there are deranged leaders full of hot air propped up by blind followers. And then there are kind, honest, hard-working, charitable folks who stand no chance of becoming leaders.

10 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

How?

Kejriwal has perfected TN model in Delhi which saw him win Punjab. I dont blame him or even citizens. Majority of our population is struggling with its day to day life and if someone comes provides some relief then sure they will get vote. Win-win for everyone except those paying tax (who also happen to not vote)

14 hours ago, rkt.india said:

In a practical work environment, psychos are very useful assets. They are cultivated and protected. They can say or do unfathomable things but they can get things done. They might be horrible beings but no one said one has to be nice and pleasant to be considered useful. 

2 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Hands down, Bimaru states with their overpopulation is always going to be a huge problem for this country. That is the cold hard truth.

P.S: cute answers in this thread.

Lol...the manual labour in almost all Indian cities is people from so called Bimaaru states. Even in a small town like Manipal, I see labourers from Bihar doing all sorts of manual jobs. Just like mallu's in Arab states.

Edited by kepler37b

34 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

Lol...the manual labour in almost all Indian cities is people from so called Bimaaru states. Even in a small town like Manipal, I see labourers from Bihar doing all sorts of manual jobs. Just like mallu's in Arab states.

As a Tamil supremacist, this are only two cents he can offer. His twin friend might just join in a few minutes to back him up.