Delhi " Paan Bahar " Stadium : A hideous shame in the national capital

If the pathetic concrete slum look of the stadium was not bad enough....DDCA / BCCI apparently cannot find a better sponsor than Paan Bahar.

What a " wonderful " advertisement it is to adolescents who come to watch the game.

Apart from encashing  India's economic boom and cricket popularity in India -- BCCI has proved itself to be a 3rd rate board. 

I would put even Bangladesh, Lankan and Pakistan cricket boards above it.  Pound for pound - they make much better use of their resources than BCCI.

Having someone like Chetan Sharma with his sadak chhap cricketing intellect as Chief Selector ...is one among hundreds of examples of how BCCI functions.

Edited by rangeelaraja
6 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

This stadium is an insult to India.

On top of that, there is smog.

I love the pitch and outfield tho.

Shaping up to be a super fun test match.

Yea i usually remember matches here being quite good and memorable, pitch wise. Generally IPL has meant that stadia and the outfields are kept in better condition throught the year than they otherwise would have been. Not sure despite having a franchise who plays there why nothing has been done about this ground. 

Need to move away from such legacy stadiums (esp. in cities known for pollution). Some of the stadiums that should be looked in (in alphabetical order):

A'bad, Dharamshala (picturesque location), Kolkata (still has some merit), Lucknow, Mohali (?), Pune, Raipur, Rajkot, etc. 

On 2/16/2023 at 6:30 PM, rangeelaraja said:

If the pathetic concrete slum look of the stadium was not bad enough....DDCA / BCCI apparently cannot find a better sponsor than Paan Bahar.

What a " wonderful " advertisement it is to adolescents who come to watch the game.

Apart from encashing  India's economic boom and cricket popularity in India -- BCCI has proved itself to be a 3rd rate board. 

I would put even Bangladesh, Lankan and Pakistan cricket boards above it.  Pound for pound - they make much better use of their resources than BCCI.

Having someone like Chetan Sharma with his sadak chhap cricketing intellect as Chief Selector ...is one among hundreds of examples of how BCCI functions.

That was the first thing I thought when I saw the highlights. What a shameful classless display!