Anti Virat Kohli Club

Kohli was never a great tactician.  Nor the brightest bulb in the pack.

But he made up for it, to some extent, with extra passion.

I don't see that extra passion anymore. 

I will remember his captaincy for promoting fitness culture in Team India and bringing together a high quality fast bowling pool in test matches.

But time to move on as a captain !

His cupboard looks bare as a captain, even if we win this test series.

Time to hand over the reigns to Captain Rahane in tests and Captain Rohit in LOIs and enjoy 6 more years as a great batsman.

Edited by express bowling

I will remember his captaincy for promoting fitness culture in Team India and bringing together a high quality fast bowling pool in test matches.

Time to hand over the reigns to Captain Rahane in tests and Captain Rohit in LOIs and enjoy 6 more years as a great batsman.

Rahane himself is the weakest link in the lineup..and I don't think Ashwin is captaincy material either.I have seen him show disgust like kumble did when catches are dropped off his bowling.

17 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

Rahane himself is the weakest link in the lineup..and I don't think Ashwin is captaincy material either.I have seen him show disgust like kumble did when catches are dropped off his bowling.

its easier for a batsman to keep his cool than a bowler. Imagine you are putting every effort and then suddenly there is no payoff. I don’t think I have ever seen a bowler to be too happy with dropped catches especially on a unforgiving flat pitch.

May be it’s a one off. I have never seen Ashwin get too flustered. Even the Paine comeback seemed like well thought out.

17 hours ago, express bowling said:

He hasn't got six years left. Looks older than official age & loose technique already being exposed. 

1 hour ago, The Realist said:

He hasn't got six years left. Looks older than official age & loose technique already being exposed. 

Yup. Seems to be in decline game-wise and mentally weaker. Through sheer determination he might squeeze out a few big scores but his purple patch seems firmly behind him. He was badly exposed in the IPL, with just 1-2 good innings but mostly hiding like a weakling behind AB. At international level, he has zero centuries in 2020 - after like 10 years or something. 

13 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

If Indian fans have still got voice left at the end of Day 3, they can thank Pujara and Pant. Two players who were BENCHED by Kohli the captain.

I am still mad at Pant for the shot he got out to, but his knock was excellent until then. He didn't wilt under scoreboard pressure, attacked the right bowler, curbed his extra aggressive instincts and utilized every scoring opportunity. If only the three stooges had shown similar temperament, we would be in much better shape. 

2 hours ago, nevada said:

I am still mad at Pant for the shot he got out to, but his knock was excellent until then. He didn't wilt under scoreboard pressure, attacked the right bowler, curbed his extra aggressive instincts and utilized every scoring opportunity. If only the three stooges had shown similar temperament, we would be in much better shape. 

you can’t be mad at pant. He scored runs also in the same style. He will live and die by the sword and that’s what makes him exciting.

Small difference though, he is not brainless, he takes calculated risks and picks his bowlers.

On 2/8/2021 at 2:18 AM, Rightarmfast said:

Kohli's captaincy coincided with the fast bowling unit coming of age and performing at its optimal. With the kind of bowlers Azhar, Sachin had at their disposal, Kohli would be one of the worst in the business. 

Captaincy is earned, not forced. I am afraid, Kohli needs to step down. The sooner, the better for Indian cricket.

Totally agreed however Kohli did raise the fitness bar for India. Credit should be given there. 

I'd like to apply to be a card holding member of this club.

Can't stand the sight of VK these days.

Enclosed herewith, is my rant from a few days ago. It was met with general indifference. Please accept it as the cover letter for the aforementioned application.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So some years ago, on the first day of my rather short stint at AZB; 

Boss: Do you know, what is the guiding principle of this firm?

Me: Blabbered some stuff I'd heard from my seniors/friends in the firm. Or maybe something off their website.

Boss: No. Its CYA.

CYA=Cover your @**

Basically do your work in such a way that you find someone from outside the team/ organisation to blame.

Kohli is the embodiment of this attitude.

I really don't know how you are so oblivious to his general antics, but he has a track record of being a loser in the IPL. What has Kohli done as a captain? Has he even batted well in the last 2-3 years? The only time we ( ICFers) discuss Kohli is when he does something on instagram, conducts a moronic press conference in which he tries to act holier than thou and hep. When was the last time we discussed his successful batting? We only discuss what he says cause yapping is all he has been upto for a long time now.Also Kohli thinks its completely okay to bad mouth others from the Indian team/ RCB team in a press conference. Does that instil confidence in his leadership?

He has even become a very average fielder. Not that I liked the in your face abusive Kohli, but at least he was sharp on the field and used to bat well. 

This wannabe goody two shoes version of Kohli is good for NOTHING.

And what a fall we've had in terms of captaincy ( ODIs). From Dhoni to Kohli. From arguably the best ODI captain of the world to the worst captain to lead India.

In my mainly ill informed cricketing opinion, Dhoni is a better ODI batsman than Kohli also. Definitely a better finisher. But that's another story.

If you are a fan of Indian cricket and want India to win the 2023 WC at home, you must hope that BCCI rids Kohli of his captaincy and hands it to someone stable NOW. So the new captain has sometime to pick/groom his players and develop a strategy for the WC.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------