Virat Kohli teaches Stuart Broad a lesson for sledging Rishabh Pant

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/virat-kohli-teaches-stuart-broad-a-lesson-for-sledging-rishabh-pant/story-oRiP8FHSoIZ9l7Iy8IYYaN.html

India not only beat England by 203 runs in the third Test at Trent Bridge, but skipper Virat Kohli also taught England pacer Stuart Broad a lesson. The pacer had given debutant Rishabh Pant a send-off after dismissing him for 1 in India’s second innings. But skipper Kohli ensured that he stood right behind his player and gave it back to Broad.

With Broad looking to delay the inevitable for England in their second innings as they stared at a humiliating loss in the Test, the Indian close-in fielders were giving the tailender a hard time at the crease. Broad turned to Kohli and said that his boys were being aggressive. But Kohli told the bowler that this is what happens when one goes after a youngster.

On the personal front, Kohli has been the best performer for the Indian cricket team in the ongoing Test series against England and he is showing no signs of slowing down. With 440 runs in six innings at an average of 73.33, Kohli has enjoyed a brilliant run of form in the series.

At the start of the series, a lot was written about Kohli’s disastrous form in England. However, the skipper has proven everyone wrong with his impressive performances and led from the front.

Kohli’s 200 runs at Trent Bridge — the second time in the series he had compiled a double century of runs in the match, following his defiant effort in a losing cause at Edgbaston — was exactly what India needed after going 2-0 down in the series to make a comeback. It was a comprehensive show at Trent Bridge from the Indians and they will now look to make it 2-2 at Southampton.

Barbie Broad crying as usual 

4 hours ago, Switchblade said:

Manjrekar won’t be happy will start his chamcha giri to English commentary team of Botham or Swann.He will have inferiority complex.

I can tell you now Botham and Swann will not give a toss about a bit of sledging from either side. What I like about Botham is that he comments on the cricket and the cricket only, with a bit of golf, wine or fishing chat thrown in. No need to talk about any "needle" as he knows it's just a part of the game between the players involved and that's it. No one else needs to know about it or comment.

6 hours ago, YCCC said:

I can tell you now Botham and Swann will not give a toss about a bit of sledging from either side. What I like about Botham is that he comments on the cricket and the cricket only, with a bit of golf, wine or fishing chat thrown in. No need to talk about any "needle" as he knows it's just a part of the game between the players involved and that's it. No one else needs to know about it or comment.

Unfortunately Manjrekar or Bhogle are not like them in fact Harsha gets excited over non cricketing things and will start his discussions over them and Sanjay if India does well will try to downplay them.

Edited by Switchblade

In bygone years we may have seen Indian bowlers and fielders reluctant to say a word to aggressive opponents, especially their fast bowlers, possibly to avoid being on the receiving end of hostile bowling.

Here we have, in the midst of the battle, the captain standing up for the junior pro. Broad looking visibly unsettled as he has no comeback.

Wonderful to see. 

On 8/26/2018 at 8:17 PM, YCCC said:

nothing on Botham, we just dont liek manjrekar much.