Austin 3:!6

Safe to say Dhoni already played his last match for India

World cup got over some 6 months back but Dhoni didnt got selected in any format since. Selectors have clearly mentioned that they are looking ahead. If Dhoni had to come back...he would have by now considering poor performance of Pant overall. So is it safe to say Dhoni had already played his last match for India and will never wear blue jersey again?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

For how much he screwed over Indian test cricket in the last decade he does not even deserve a farewell match... best scenario, invite Zimbabwe to Ranchi and select Dhoni in a 3rd string indian team and play a friendly T20I. Send him packing for good and ab kissa khatam karo.

As a die-hard Dhonian, I would like my hero not to get embarrassed in his last farewell game. Remember last time we played Zimbabwe in t20, even that malnourished gujju axar Patel embarrassed my hero in not one but two games.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/10638/scorecard/1007655/zimbabwe-vs-india-1st-t20i-india-tour-of-zimbabwe-2016

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/10638/game/1007659/zimbabwe-vs-india-3rd-t20i-india-tour-of-zimbabwe-2016

Can we play Papua New Guinea instead? :pray:

14 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

World cup got over some 6 months back but Dhoni didnt got selected in any format since. Selectors have clearly mentioned that they are looking ahead. If Dhoni had to come back...he would have by now considering poor performance of Pant overall. So is it safe to say Dhoni had already played his last match for India and will never wear blue jersey again?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's not like Dhoni was doing great with bat. So better to fail with a youngster than an oldie.

13 hours ago, Cricwala said:

With Dhoni, its never over & he will take it down to the wire. We can breathe easy only when T20 WC squad is announced & Thala is not there.

Don't forget that Pant came in as an injury substitute in WC 2019.   That route will be open to the Great Grey Beard too.    :phehe:

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Don't forget that Pant came in as an injury substitute in WC 2019.   That route will be open to the Great Grey Beard too.    :phehe:

Yes, absolutely! If Pant gets injured, who will be the replacement for LOIs? Saha won't make the cut and neither will the unproven Samson or Kishan. It will be the one and only Dhoni who will somehow squeeze out a good knock targeting the weakest bowlers while hiding well from the good ones, making sure he remains not out. 

Edited by nevada

3 minutes ago, nevada said:

Yes, absolutely! If Pant gets injured, who will be the replacement for LOIs? Saha won't make the cut and neither will the unproven Samson or Kishan. It will be the one and only Dhoni who will somehow squeeze out a good knock targeting the weakest bowlers while hiding well from the good ones, making sure he remains not out. 

Maybe that is the plan and that is why Pant has not been replaced by Samson or Kishan yet, despite so much criticism from TM and selectors.  :phehe:

1 minute ago, ganeshran said:

Dhoni deserves a farewell match. He has been a liability for a long time now but he played a huge part in two or most memorable victories (WC 2011 and T20 WC 2007). Should get a match in Ranchi and say good bye :wave:

No, he doesn't. Neither does any other legend. Just a little pre-match or mid-match ceremony to honor the player with a 5 minute(max) speech. That's it.

Just now, nevada said:

No, he doesn't. Neither does any other legend. Just a little pre-match or mid-match ceremony to honor the player with a 5 minute(max) speech. That's it.

Its not a big deal.. WI will be happy to tour and play a LOI for this. The offer should be on the table to let Dhoni's status be finalised instead of him looming over the selectors' minds

On 11/22/2019 at 6:32 AM, ganeshran said:

Its not a big deal.. WI will be happy to tour and play a LOI for this. The offer should be on the table to let Dhoni's status be finalised instead of him looming over the selectors' minds

Let’s make it an annual tradition like Ashes or Boxing Day test match. Whenever an Indian legend is going to retire, invite the hapless WI team and give the Indian legend a farewell 

Edited by maniac

15 minutes ago, maniac said:

Let’s make it an annual tradition like Ashes or Boxing Day test match. Whenever an Indian legend is going to retire, invite the hapless WI team and give the Indian legend a farewell 

still better than having monthly ind vs sl games that we use to play earlier :fear: 

11 hours ago, Stan AF said:

ICF-ers keep jinxing stuff..

'It depends on how he plays in IPL' - Ravi Shastri on MS Dhoni winning his place back

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/28167130/it-depends-how-plays-ipl-ravi-shastri-ms-dhoni-winning-place-back

Haha, Dhoni taking it deep as usual. 

I say let him play the T20 WC in Aus - will be natural justice seeing him disgrace himself lunging and hopping against likes of starc, Ferguson etc. Let him get fully exposed for the pathetic way he has conducted himself last few years...not like we are winning the WC anyway given our conservative batting in powerplay and under Rat's captaincy

39 minutes ago, Cricwala said:

I say let him play the T20 WC in Aus - will be natural justice seeing him disgrace himself lunging and hopping against likes of starc, Ferguson etc. Let him get fully exposed for the pathetic way he has conducted himself last few years...not like we are winning the WC anyway given our conservative batting in powerplay and under Rat's captaincy

More or less that's going to happen. Only the test team is worth following now.

11 hours ago, maniac said:

WI isn't hapless in WI and T20s.

Lol this was always the plan and people who believed otherwise were fooled. Target and demoralize Pant, keep Samson out, shelter Dhoni from international matches. And then based on IPL where he finds it easy, bring him directly back to the world cup
Lol...
I don't think, there is such a big plan...

But however, i am very happy that he is no where near indian team....

The way he bullies young bowlers is totally unpardonable....

He single handedly destroyed indian bowling line up....

Thank god, roots were not destroyed and now we got the best bowling lineup in the world...

TGIF --- THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY
TGND - THANK GOD NOMORE DHONI

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

Lol...
I don't think, there is such a big plan...

But however, i am very happy that he is no where near indian team....

The way he bullies young bowlers is totally unpardonable....

He single handedly destroyed indian bowling line up....

Thank god, roots were not destroyed and now we got the best bowling lineup in the world...

TGIF --- THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY
TGND - THANK GOD NOMORE DHONI

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Why do you think he is nowhere near Indian team? the bloody coach is saying he is special and for him IPL performance is what counts

16 hours ago, New guy said:

Lol this was always the plan and people who believed otherwise were fooled. Target and demoralize Pant, keep Samson out, shelter Dhoni from international matches. And then based on IPL where he finds it easy, bring him directly back to the world cup

Still there is some hope for us :aha:

4 hours ago, gakgupta said:

The way he bullies young bowlers is totally unpardonable

Thank you for saying that...i couldn't agree more. While his mismanagement of pacers is well known, he also forced spinners to bowl defensively in ODIs and got far too much credit for 'bowling tips'

If this guy plays again the everyone involved from captain, coach, selectors should be fired.There is no excuse for anyone to make this guy part of Indian team in any format.This guy was done year ago should have never played 2019 world cup .

Bloody leech kept himself out of public eye after his pathetic batting display to avoid back lash.

This shameless leech has nerve to issue a statement:

MS Dhoni on Retirement Talks: 'Don't Ask Me Till January'

11 hours ago, Cricwala said:

:aetsch: idk man last time he met starc he spanked him for a huge 6 even Virat was like awwwww 

india-vs-west-indies-cricket-match_d5679

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

If this guy plays again the everyone involved from captain, coach, selectors should be fired.There is no excuse for anyone to make this guy part of Indian team in any format.This guy was done year ago should have never played 2019 world cup .

Bloody leech kept himself out of public eye after his pathetic batting display to avoid back lash.

New year resolution hopefully :pray:

14 hours ago, putrevus said:

Indian cricket is becoming a joke. This joker is playing coy and building up a sympathy wave for a return in time for the T20 WC. This type of greed is nauseating. 

4 hours ago, putrevus said:

MS Dhoni's Future In Cricket Cannot Be Discussed On Public Platform, Says Sourav Ganguly.

What is this guy Ganguly smoking, is Dhoni's future some international secret that it cannot be discussed in public. 

Ganguly also probably knows that Dhoni is way, way past his sell by date. But he doesn't want to do the unpopular thing of saying that he is finished. At-least MSK, for all his faults, had the guts to say Dhoni is not in our plans and we are moving forward. It looks like the only way this guy will retire is if he flops in the IPL.

Ganguly also probably knows that Dhoni is way, way past his sell by date. But he doesn't want to do the unpopular thing of saying that he is finished. At-least MSK, for all his faults, had the guts to say Dhoni is not in our plans and we are moving forward. It looks like the only way this guy will retire is if he flops in the IPL.

I don’t care he retires or not and him playing in IPL should have no bearing on his selection to Indian team when this bozo has not played any domestic cricket to prove his credentials.

You cannot ask other players to all local tournaments and let this guy walk into Indian based just on based in IPL where this guy will feed on bowlers like Jaidevs.

After his gutless world cup performance this bozo should never wear Indian cap again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Norman said:

Rumours are that he'll play his farewell game in January against Aussies in his hometown Ranchi. 

Please God. Let this be true. :pray:

Yes. Very likely.

One farewell game and a farewell IPL.. and we'll move on to better pastures