Rate Saha the keeper

Gollum

In my mind he is the best keeper since 1998-99 i.e. after I started following the game. Seen Boucher, Gilly, Flower, Moin, Mongia, Latif, Prior etc. In my mind he trumps them all as far as pure wicketkeeping skills are concerned. Obviously there have been better batsmen among keepers but boy are we lucky to have him. Keeping against spinners is the toughest job in the world, even tougher than against quicks. That too when you have bowlers of the quality of Ash and Sir, can't be easy at all. He has taken some blinders of the quicks too. Even Sunny was talking about it in the show today, said that he is a world class keeper and the undisputed best in the world atm.

What do fellow ICFers have to say about this? GOAT keeper or GOAT Indian keeper or do we wait and see? 

I would say 8/10 

Since the modern game has DRS, keeper becomes the most important guy and saha looks absolutely clueless and lost. 

Like vivek razdan said in commentary "review ke samay team saha ko dekhti aur saha team ko". He needs to improve this. 

Also he has improved massively against spin but i would like him to improve more in stumping skills. 

The best for Indian I've ever seen. What puts him apart is his athletic ability when it comes to keeping to fast bowlers and this series has shown, he is equally good to spinners too. Until and unless, we don't give chance to new players we will never going to know their full potential. Dhoni said that we don't have ready-made players in order-to keep his arse safe, and here we have some 30+ old player outperforming him in such a short duration. 

16 minutes ago, Khota said:

better than the Dhoni guy. I still think Parthiv is ahead of him.

Seriously? The worst keeper in the history of the game, the one who drops 10 catches per match is better than Saha? 

Edited by Gollum
4 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

I would say 8/10 

Since the modern game has DRS, keeper becomes the most important guy and saha looks absolutely clueless and lost. 

Like vivek razdan said in commentary "review ke samay team saha ko dekhti aur saha team ko". He needs to improve this. 

Also he has improved massively against spin but i would like him to improve more in stumping skills. 

He is clueless sometimes.

But has given a few good advice very now and then.

The thing is we only notice his bad DRS advise when India refers stupidly. He sometimes has given valuable input after which Kohli hasn't reviewed.

Overall 5 or 6 out of 10 for DRS brains.