Dhoni: when will the torture end???

maniac

8 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Dhoni wont be dropped before WC. A clear mandate is given from BCCI to selectors, Kohli and Shastri. He brings the moolah and viewership for bcci.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nowadays he only brings gaalis to captain, coach and selectors. BCCI toh does not even exist at this point.  Performances bring moolah, not names.

People say Kapil Dev hung around too long for his record. Kapil was still one of our best bowlers in the 92 Aus tour. One of our best bats in the 92-93 SA tour.

Yes he started struggling to take wickets at home and played for the record to some the extent in tests but he was still somewhat useful in Odis.

in 1994 when Clayton Lambert(the guy with the weird stance) +  Stuart Campbell (I think) from WI thrashed him in a random ODI game , he was done and that was it.he was dropped.

in fact there was a talk of bringing him back for the 1996 WC due to lack of allrounders but he said Thanks but no Thanks.This in my opinion is/was India’s greatest cricketer. Just to put it out there,Hardik Pandya is not equivalent to a speck of dust on Kapil Dev’s toenail.So the most indispensable cricketer in Indian history can be dropped.

Sachin Tendulkar India’s 2nd greatest cricketer hung around again for that stupid 100 100 which I thought should have happened organically as I felt he still had some test cricket left in him. But still all that crap  lasted what 15-18 months? and again BCCI hastened his retirement 

Kumble-Dravid-Laxman-Ganguly left on their own terms in tests but remember  they were dropped from ODIS a little before that. Dravid was recalled which he himself found amusing but our selectors are/were always known to be clowns.

Gavaskar is probably the only big name SC legend who left on his own terms from all formats apart from Sanga(who still had cricket left in him).I believe even Murali was going to be dropped from a ODI game which kind of hurt his ego.Pakistani legends are legendary for all the wrong reasons so no need to even visit that crap.

Pant and Saha both already have overseas 100s.Pant has a world of potential but don’t know what makes Dhoni so indispensable despite sucking time and again. I mean are we living in an alternate universe. WTF .if he doesn’t retire on his own which is his prerogative and should be like that .why don’t selectors/management  have the balls to drop him.No one seems to be vocal about this obvious problem :wall:

The media,the board and even a lot of brain dead fans.

Dont think the selectors who dropped Kapil Dev even played domestics leave alone handful of internationals. 

Seriously what the hell is going on

I was hoping that Dhoni would be pushed (hidden) down the batting order and could possibly make some runs there with a good enough SR. My reasoning was that South Africa competed for years with Boucher, Aus with Haddin, Kiwis with whomever as their keepers. 

Seriously though, I really want to play the what if game.

On 9/26/2018 at 12:46 AM, Global.Baba said:

in fact there was a talk of bringing him back for the 1996 WC due to lack of allrounders but he said Thanks but no Thanks.

Sachin Tendulkar India’s 2nd greatest cricketer hung around again for that stupid 100 100 which I thought should have happened organically as I felt he still had some test cricket left in him. But still all that crap  lasted what 15-18 months? and again BCCI hastened his retirement 

Kumble-Dravid-Laxman-Ganguly left on their own terms in tests but remember  they were dropped from ODIS a little before that. Dravid was recalled which he himself found amusing but our selectors are/were always known to be clowns.

Gavaskar is probably the only big name SC legend who left on his own terms from all formats apart from Sanga(who still had cricket left in him).

We wouldnt have gotten past Pakistan in 2011 w/o Sachin and we also lost the 2007 partly due to Sachin. The 100 100s was annoying af and India lost the game where he did score the 100.

How can anyone forget when Ganguly was dropped lol. He raised such a hue and cry. When he was brought back after the disastrous SA tour, he scored a century against WI at NAgpur and once again chosen to open. Sachin unbelievably was asked to bat at 4 to make room for Ganguly. When Mortaza brought his A game and started bowling those 145+ kmph yorkers, he went into a shell and scored at a 52 SR, opening. W/e dude. If Dhoni was dropped now, he would only be remembered as someone on the wane so deservedly dropped. 

Great Post ! It was nice to learn so cricket history about Kapil as I was too young.

18 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

But , one thing for sure .... he is by far the best keeper still  in the country. Those stumpings of Liton Das and another player saved India

from a few more runs at the least. Other wise we would have lost the final. So in that regard Dhoni is still  worth. What he loses with his batting, makes up for with his keeping.

Weak and below average against pace, genuine pace especially most of the time stands still motionless and lets it go, nowadays drops easy chances, he dropped 1  easy catch in a first game against Pakistan and 2 in the next, however good he may be keeping against spinners that doesn't trump his weaknesses in other departments.

Not good enough!! Should go!!