India really fluffed a great chance yesterday

SK_IH

Have Rohit and Dhawan ever made any scores of significance in seaming conditions? I don't think it was a well-kept secret that the pitch was green! I am thoroughly disappointed by Kohli. Rahane and Rahul should replace them in the next match. And I also feel our bowlers gave away a lot of easy runs in the first innings. I was a bit skeptical over Bumrah's selection over Ishant initially but the way he bowled in the second innings means he deserves a decent run in the side.

A so called good coach shastri thought Lanka series was a preparation for sa tour, I bet southafric "c" team has better bowlers than those lanka fields in internationals, there is a world of difference in scoring against Lanka at home and southafriaca in southafrica and trust me shastri knows it but still kept quiet as he is only there to be yes man of kohli  and made kohli pick rohit and dhawan over kl and rahane.

Things went as expected.Nothing strange. Because this has been happening for years now.A very important tour coming up, greedy BCCI  arranges  a home series of not only test matches , but limited overs too  with Srilanka as a preparation for that tough series ,naturally players have no recent experience of tackling such fast bowling units in adverse conditions  and they wilted under pressure.

What is so strange in this?Atleast in the 90s , there were some 2 or 3 practice matches with high quality first class teams before tests.

This is something i had told during sl series, the way commentry team praising dhawan and rohit sadly chopra and luxman as well whom i thought was sensible commies. When you already have a player in team who was best batsmen in entire overseas tour impact wise also,  why do you replace him with a dud. The same experiment was done before yuvi an raina difference is experiment were hardly tried on foreign tours.Not sure when we would learn from these silly wonder. We should always field our best team even if we loose eith them, atleast they ll learn something.

6 hours ago, themask said:

Have Rohit and Dhawan ever made any scores of significance in seaming conditions? I don't think it was a well-kept secret that the pitch was green! I am thoroughly disappointed by Kohli. Rahane and Rahul should replace them in the next match. And I also feel our bowlers gave away a lot of easy runs in the first innings. I was a bit skeptical over Bumrah's selection over Ishant initially but the way he bowled in the second innings means he deserves a decent run in the side.

Ishant can't pick up International Quality wickets, he got proven record of a decade. 

Someone pointed this out yesterday Cricketics I think...had we survived that 1 over against Philander when Rohit and Kohli were batting, Maharaj would have come in next and we could have milked him for a lot more runs.

I don’t think Rabada was troubling them with his pace...it was Philander’s movement that had them.

30 minutes ago, maniac said:

Someone pointed this out yesterday Cricketics I think...had we survived that 1 over against Philander when Rohit and Kohli were batting, Maharaj would have come in next and we could have milked him for a lot more runs.

I don’t think Rabada was troubling them with his pace...it was Philander’s movement that had them.

Yes, to me that was the turning point and have been saying it for a while. In no time we were 7 wickets down.

One false shot from Kohli who was looking brilliant uptil then, but it brought out collapse. Rohit was actually looking solid also until then and had few nice defensive strokes and had played about 20 some balls and looking all right to stay on the wicket for a nother half an hour to hour. But things changed.

Its al mental game actually. Had Maharaj come and Rohit could have pulled of few boundaries of him and Kohli, both would have reached around 30 and 50 respectively and would have more started to even feel comfortable with pace. But it wasn't to be.

17 hours ago, The Dark Horse said:

Now have to put up with trolls on FB that we're HTBs..

Same here:(( :facepalm:. But we really deserve this after going 1-16 since 2011. Only way we can shut the haters up is by winning else those trolls are justified in their assessment. 

10 hours ago, maniac said:

That's the difference between Kohli and Smith. Same situation if Smith had got his eye in and batting at 30 odd, no way would he have thrown it, he would have carried his side till the end, unfortunately that is too much to ask from the mental midget that is VK. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

That's the difference between Kohli and Smith. Same situation if Smith had got his eye in and batting at 30 odd, no way would he have thrown it, he would have carried his side till the end, unfortunately that is too much to ask from the mental midget that is VK. 

well lets not get carried away,i am a big fan of Smith,but we saw how he failed in Bangalore in a similar chase,we have no evidence of Smith in similar circumstances as well,

Yes Kohli missed a golden opportunity but that doesnt mean Smith would have done it as well ,you are a hater :whack:

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

well lets not get carried away,i am a big fan of Smith,but we saw how he failed in Bangalore in a similar chase,we have no evidence of Smith in similar circumstances as well,

Yes Kohli missed a golden opportunity but that doesnt mean Smith would have done it as well ,you are a hater :whack:

No I am not. I am the the person who points out inconveneint facts on ICF, I am not the hero ICF deserves but the hero it needs.