Kuldeep Yadav looks mentally shot and done.

On 5/26/2019 at 1:13 PM, Pollack said:

We know @maniac is a big panauti. So happy now kuldeep will do well. Thank you maniac.

On a serious note, i am not worried. IPL and an odd warm up match after a bad IPL. Not to read much. He will be fine. Just one spell away from getting back to rhythm again.

A 3 wicket spell with good economy !

Good He did well. However I want to see him raise his game when he is out under the pump or under pressure. This game is not an indicator of that by any means. This was a easy situation. Chahal seems to be the guy who relishes in that situation a lot more. Most of us thought the other way around.

Anyways wickets are wickets and hope this builds his confidence. I know a couple of bozos on this forum who lose all context when they see a thread I opened and start of with all this jinx crap.

Sure we all troll a little and when you troll in good taste you absolutely need to have a thick skin to deal with retorts in good taste but some idiots don’t seem to get it. 

21 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

I'm referring to the mystery man Ajanta Mendis.. Kuldeep is fast going into that path. 

Kuldeep was never about mystery, not even close. He's what you'd call a classical leg spinner, what has happened to him recently is that he isn't getting his usual turn. He used to get the leg spinner to really rip across, albeit not at the pace of a a Warne per se. Mendis on the other hand started his career when the T20 were just getting popular, no 2 new balls back then btw so I'm not sure how the comparison is going. What I can agree with is that the captains in both the cases, especially Brat, seem to have given up quickly after the bowler had a few bad days!

57 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Give it another 12 months and Saini will look done as well. He's currently getting the treatment Kuldeep got over the last year or so.

Exactly !

Pick Kohli for 3 matches and drop him for the next 4 irrespective of performances  ... rinse and repeat  ... and he would be done too 

Edited by express bowling
2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Exactly !

Pick Kohli for 3 matches and drop him for the next 4 irrespective of performances  ... rinse and repeat  ... and he would be done too 

I think Kohli is benching Saini and picking Thakur because Thakur can bat. This is flawed thinking. Making massive totals to bat the opposition out of the game like England is not our forte. We need wicket taking bowlers to put pressure on the opposition. 

47 minutes ago, nevada said:

I think Kohli is benching Saini and picking Thakur because Thakur can bat. This is flawed thinking. Making massive totals to bat the opposition out of the game like England is not our forte. We need wicket taking bowlers to put pressure on the opposition. 

Exactly! When you need to rely on Thakur to give you an extra 10-15 runs then whats the point of having a strong top 5 which have Shaw, Agarwal, Kohli, Iyer and KL.

Is Kohli trying to hint he has no faith in them thats why he needs to include a bits and pieces trundler as opposed to a fast bowler.

24 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Exactly! When you need to rely on Thakur to give you an extra 10-15 runs then whats the point of having a strong top 5 which have Shaw, Agarwal, Kohli, Iyer and KL.

Is Kohli trying to hint he has no faith in them thats why he needs to include a bits and pieces trundler as opposed to a fast bowler.

Exactly  !

Pick really good batsmen in the top 6 ... all-rounder at 7 who is a proper bowler too ... and pick 4 best bowlers after that.

No point picking a bits and pieces player in the place of a top bowler because the top 6 is not good enough. ( the current top 5 is good enough at last )

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, nevada said:

If our top 7 aren't able to put up a good score then its useless to think Thakur might be of some help barring a few odd knocks. Picking Saini might give us a chance by getting a few wickets but persisting with Thakur is certainly a big risk.

Edited by Turning_track
1 hour ago, LordPrabhzy said:

We don't hv a strong top 5. It's rather a case of strong top 3.   Only Kohli, Shreyas and KL hv proved themselves in this format.    Agarwal and Shaw started playing this format today itself.  They r inexperienced and could not get going today. (understandably so).   

14 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

We don't hv a strong top 5. It's rather a case of strong top 3.   Only Kohli, Shreyas and KL hv proved themselves in this format.    Agarwal and Shaw started playing this format today itself.  They r inexperienced and could not get going today. (understandably so).   

But even you can agree Shaw and Agarwal are better batsmen than Thakur?

Theres a risk in any match that the two openers can get out cheaply and a lower order batsman making more runs but thats an anomaly. They both have been selected as they are top quality openers, you cant compare openers to trundlers

36 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Even Shreyas and KL have not played more than  20-30 matches. Today's batting lineup was very inexperienced but people expect as if nothing has changed and it should be business as usual.

Edited by putrevus
5 hours ago, R!TTER said:

Kuldeep was never about mystery, not even close. He's what you'd call a classical leg spinner, what has happened to him recently is that he isn't getting his usual turn. He used to get the leg spinner to really rip across, albeit not at the pace of a a Warne per se. Mendis on the other hand started his career when the T20 were just getting popular, no 2 new balls back then btw so I'm not sure how the comparison is going. What I can agree with is that the captains in both the cases, especially Brat, seem to have given up quickly after the bowler had a few bad days!

Kuldeep till last year had an average of 20. 

In the last one year, he has played 21 matches picked 27 wickets at an average of 41.  He's regressing very fast.  Being chinaman type does seem to have helped him initially. 

Also he doesn't match the current wrist spinner template and so it's obvious.

Kuldeep and Chahal after their intial success have regressed which is quite normal with any player who had the kind of success these two had intially.

Kuldeep has to come up with some solution to counter batsmen on flat pitches, the same thing happened against England when Kulcha was last  played.

Kuldeep other problem, he is fighting against history, no chinaman bowler has been successful in long run.

Chahal does not turn the ball a lot and is also slow thru air and is afraid of contact.If tendencies are evident to us who are watching in TV.Teams have lot more resources dedicated in decoding these two bowlers.

Edited by putrevus