MSK Prasad advices Rishabh Pant to never compare himself with MS Dhoni

"Rishabh should also realise that he has his own identity and he should never compare himself with MS Dhoni which I feel is working on his mind. Dhoni built his career and image playing for over a decade and a half. His confidence stems from his stellar performances both at domestic and international levels,” Prasad told PTI.

"Suddenly when one starts comparing himself with that legend, then subconsciously you are putting enormous pressure on yourself. Personally I feel Rishabh is an unbelievable talent and he should believe and back his abilities and instincts rather than stepping into someone else's shoes," he added.

"I agree with both the versions of Rohit and Sunny sir. Rishabh is going through a bit of a rough period. He needs a couple of good knocks that can bring him back to his best. I had a discussion with the team management on this and they said that they are seriously working on him to bring him back to his best," the chairman of selection panel said.

"With regard to the point raised regarding pressure, Rishabh should definitely realise that pressure is part of this game at this level and the one who comes out of this pressure is a true champion. He has live examples in front of him in Virat and Rohit."

"KL and Rishabh are supremely talented. They are match-winners and they can single-handedly take the game away from the opposition. Having identified this immense potential in both of them, our committee has backed them despite dip in their form," Prasad said.

"I am sure both of them will bounce back strong from the current form and help Indian team to win many matches in times to come," he concluded.

Link - https://circleofcricket.com/category/Latest_news/45221/msk-prasad-advices-rishabh-pant-to-never-compare-himself-with-ms-dhoni