Shreyas Iyer has been ruled out of the remaining matches of the IND vs ENG ODI series, and is likely to miss the first half of IPL 2021 due to a dislocated shoulder.

34 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I don't have a good feeling about this for Iyer. For his sake, I hope same rules are applied to him as they were to phoney Rahane in test matches in so far middle order slot is concerned. Iyer should come back as no.4 batsman in ODIs whenever he comes back into the int'l side because this chewtiya mgmt might forget him completely.

I am actually worried that this management will now bring back Rahane and Rayudu to fill the gap in the name of stability and experience.

45 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Lol that ll not happen but I don't want to see musical chairs at no.4 again

Lol,he would be back midway in IPL,im sure,feel bad that he got injured , he's surely an upgrade over Rayudu and was happy for him for his Lancashire stint,

Yesterday he played a pull off Wood,maybe he has started working hard on this aspect of his game,bad time to get injured

But IPL just around the corner,the extra motivation will help him heal faster

Dejavu feeling of 2019 world cup. 

A bad middle order could cost us t20 world cup this year.  Iyer was looking good at five or six. 

Other options are not that great. Nightmare if Vijay Shankar can make it. 

Tough break for my :dc:  Looks like this season will be a wash unless Smith performs well. 

And why on earth would Pant be considered for captain?  Last year when Iyer had injury, Dhawan was the substitute captain so I think it will be either him or Smith but would not mind Ashwin getting the call either.

Edited by GeeGaw
6 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Lol,he would be back midway in IPL,im sure,feel bad that he got injured , he's surely an upgrade over Rayudu and was happy for him for his Lancashire stint,

Yesterday he played a pull off Wood,maybe he has started working hard on this aspect of his game,bad time to get injured

But IPL just around the corner,the extra motivation will help him heal faster

I read somewhere he might miss complete IPL, which may be loss for him. I hope he comes back mid way :cheer:

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

I don't have a good feeling about this for Iyer. For his sake, I hope same rules are applied to him as they were to phoney Rahane in test matches in so far middle order slot is concerned. Iyer should come back as no.4 batsman in ODIs whenever he comes back into the int'l side because this chewtiya mgmt might forget him completely.

if Iyer goes we still have SKY or Pant to fill the gap. We will still be without one of them.. so basically in odi it was 1 out of Iyer Pant Sky ( Rahul wk)

In t20 it would have been kishan or rahul or even Dhawan taking iyers place ( pant wk)

we have multiple options now