What's so special about Riyan Parag??

zubinpepsi

For starters he is only 19-20. His bowling is at best Kedar Jadhav level (which is a compliment).  I remember it being better last year but anyways....

He is a decent fielder and his batting has immense potential as displayed in that game where Samson played that knock. He is a fierce hitter of the cricket ball.

Age+potential+domestic performances make him a hot prospect. Let’s stop rating players either ways  on 1-2 IPL knocks please.

As far as attitude goes, why are you surprised, every young cricketer has that obnoxious attitude these days. Hopefully he matures.

Edited by Global.Baba

Not every player who plays IPL has to be "special". As for guys like Parag, they are young, have talent that can be developed, and simply a better option than some of the others ... As for arrogance or other tastes, that is personal. Fans should be commenting more on the performance  

Whats so special - Gift of power and timing (just hear the sound when he hits the ball) and he is making an effort to develop a second skill which young batsman arent

Performance- he has played some team saving knocks 2 seasons ago for RR, just been inconsistent. HE is very young...consistency is a problem for young players 

1 hour ago, zubinpepsi said:

why is he so special? :confused:  I dont remem much about any useful contribution from him but keep hearing rave reviews about him.. 

Jog ur memory 

https://www.iplt20.com/video/180031/young-riyan-parag-s-enterprising-47-31

https://www.iplt20.com/video/186010/riyan-parag-s-fighting-half-century

https://www.iplt20.com/video/216012/the-tewatia-parag-match-winning-partnership?tagNames=indian-premier-league&references=CRICKET_PLAYER:4445,CRICKET_TEAM:8

https://www.iplt20.com/video/174742/riyan-parag-s-crucial-innings-of-43-29

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Well, he is young and has decent ability in batting and good in fielding. So show-off attitude is understandable. Hope he puts more reasonable performance this year.

There is another similar  player, Priyam Garg. I guess he also played a decent hand against CSK last season. Wonder why he isnt playing yet.

A 19 yr old showing he belongs to the higher levels of cricket.

Took Gayle wicket and scored 25(11) vs Punjab

Bowled 2 overs for 16 runs vs DC, scored 2(5)

Bowked an over for 16 runs and scored 3(7)

Is a great fielder. Was in great form in the domestic T20 tournament. Why wouldn't a franchise want to groom a young player like him? He will get dropped if his performances do not pick up. Not the end of the world for him. Hasa long way to go.

Why do we call every confident youngster not confirming to the traditional image of meek Indian cricketers of the past as arrogant?

5 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Why do we call every confident youngster not confirming to the traditional image of meek Indian cricketers of the past as arrogant?

Exactly, dnt get this idea to turn every cricketer into a fake good boy image

• If he does his traditional bidhu dance- ppl who find it cringy....get a life
  • If he is expressive and someone has a problem- Get a life 

Same use to be said for kohli, pandya, KP 

Another question that comes to my mind that why were guys like Samad & Riyan Parag not picked for last U19 WC?  Some horrendous selections did took place. Dravid probably left the job & some domestic fella was coaching the side.  Or I guess the talent scouting wasn't that good enough. 

26 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Another question that comes to my mind that why were guys like Samad & Riyan Parag not picked for last U19 WC?  Some horrendous selections did took place. Dravid probably left the job & some domestic fella was coaching the side.  Or I guess the talent scouting wasn't that good enough. 

Parag was part of the 2018 u-19 WC winning team.

Samad had stepped up big time in FC cricket, wasn't as consistent in national age group tournaments