Kohli-Shastri to drive team strategies for the SL series?

Here is what Rahul Dravid said in the press conference yesterday

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/sl-vs-ind-2021-rahul-dravid-winning-series-against-sri-lanka-the-priority-1268039

Much of the team's plans, Dravid said, will be finalised after he has a set of chats with the Indian team management that is currently in England for a five-Test series. 

"These are the only three games before the T20 World Cup and I am sure the selectors and management would have a fair idea by now on the squad they are looking for. There is going to be an IPL as well in the lead-up to the T20 World Cup," Dravid said. "This gives a few people an opportunity for the one or two places the team management or the selectors may be looking for, and give them a few more options. That would be the goal for the next three T20s.

"There are a couple of selectors travelling with us, so it gives me a chance to interact with them and see what they are thinking, what their ideas are. I've had a little bit of contact with the team management in England, but I didn't want to disturb them during the WTC, but I will touch base over the next couple of weeks and see what their thoughts are, what they are thinking about the T20 World Cup and see if we can implement some of those plans for the next three games."

Interesting arrangement. Going by these comments, not expecting newbies like Ruturaj, Gowtham, Sakariya to get many chances on the tour.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
5 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Here is what Rahul Dravid said in the press conference eyesterday

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/sl-vs-ind-2021-rahul-dravid-winning-series-against-sri-lanka-the-priority-1268039

Interesting arrangement. Going by these comments, not expecting newbies like Ruturaj, Gowtham, Sakariya to get many chances on the tour.

Totally going as per TM wishes for T20WC , which is also the right way as T20WC is just few months away. 

Normally this is not Dravid's style . He always gives at least 1 chance to each in a series of A squad. In fact in a chat just few weeks back , he was talking of giving chances to as many in SL tour.

Edited by prudent_kreeda

Translation: I am a proxy for Shastri. Dhawan is a shoo-in for T20WC. Kohli will be untenable otherwise. Pandya will play as a batsman only, no bowling, only eye-balling! . Pandya bros will run the show of eye-balling lung guns!

TM has a right to meddle as they will have the reigns in T20WC. 

Edited by coffee_rules
2 hours ago, Khota said:

I am losing respect for Dravid. He is a senior player and should have been honest in his assesment of lack of leadership from Kohli/Shastri combo.

Lol. It's a power struggle, and even the best can suffer. Downfall of Kohli will come, and his ending will be bad because he does not have any friends. Only concern is Indian cricket will continue to pay the price till this idiot reigns. A 4-0 drubbing in England surely will happen under Kohli and pressure will mount for change.

On 6/28/2021 at 6:55 PM, ShoonyaSifar said:

Uh oh that's where the problem begins! There is simply no vision except grabbing more and more power

I am yet to come across an India captain who hasnt been blamed for it. Rahul and Kumble were captain for too short a time before they are brought up. 

1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I am yet to come across an India captain who hasnt been blamed for it. Rahul and Kumble were captain for too short a time before they are brought up. 

Other captains didn't decide on the coach and support staff they wanted or didn't control the media like this regime. Even the all powerful Dhoni, despite being far more successful than clown, had the media/selectors at his throat (2009 T20 WC, Rhiti Sports conflict of interest, Jimmy paaji wanting to sack him).

After the 2011 WC win and becoming Srini's adopted son, more so once the seniors were gone around 2012-13, he was the one who started this mafia which has now become cancerous under Kohli