Ruturaj Gaikwad credits MS Dhoni for showing confidence in him !!!

velu

just in time

Gaikwad talked about the time when he was struggling to get scores in the IPL and still was backed by his CSK skipper, Dhoni. “Mahi Bhai always helped me. I was not getting a run at the beginning of this time in the IPL. I still did not lose confidence and regularly opened. The confidence that Mahi Bhai has placed in me has helped me,” Gaikwad said during an interaction with Anand Bazaar Patrika.

Ruturaj-Gaikwad-MS-Dhoni.jpg

https://en.100mbsports.com/ruturaj-gaikwad-credits-ms-dhoni-for-showing-confidence-in-him-eng/

15 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Such eye for talent that CSK pay him 20 lakhs.

Feel bad for our hapless youngsters who are forced to praise these seniors publicly.

Ruturaj On line to have a big payday next year. Min 5 crores. Chennai might just retain him along with jadeja..

2 hours ago, WC2011INDIA said:

Ruturaj is Rahane 2.0. Bats like young Rahane did. His century also vent in vain just like Rahane's in IPL. Carbon copy in every sense. 

Rahane never hit a103 meter six. Rahane never dominated spinners. He rarely scored after 6 overs. Most of his action happened inside power play. On the contrary Rituraj is a beast in the middle/ed overs

He has too .. otherwise..he will be out of team..

He was not played in the last season or last to last season...

CSK was almost out of tournament and that's when he was included... That too there was lot of pressure from all corners to include him in IX

It's shame that he credits his success to MSD

Edited by gakgupta

15 hours ago, Rantzz said:

One thing Dhoni has is eye for talent and backing them

he backed Jaddu, he backed Rohit and now Rutu etc

Bullshit, he has equally discarded other talented youngsters he didnt like.  He backed jaddu because he was really close to him, there are 100s of talented youngsters he didnt support equally 

Rohit was always going to be in as he is from Mumbai and has lots of backing with his talent

A couple of mediocre support in so many years of captaincy and then 11 years of IPL is not a good look

Heck CSK is one team which prefers experienced players over youngsters, didnt even give youngsters chance for decades, all other IPL teams have backed youngsters way more

Its sad such bullshit narrative gets upvotes on a cricket forum

Edited by New guy