Saurav Ganguly and Jay Shah's disastrous reign as BCCI heads so far

Covid has really messed up the scheduling for domestic cricket & IPL.. I dont think one can question Saurav's passion for Indian cricket.  Moreover one can see a lot of articles on the duo of Ganguly - Shah due to Jay Shah being who he is. Every move is scrutinized with the prism of politics rather than cricketing reasons

Edited by diga

As you sow so shall you reap. No one has forgotten the Kumble saga. Lot of allegations flying around. Its not clear who has said what so no point of conjectures. The current scenario of Indian cricket is very simple. Virat's skills have waned and I don't think he will be the same again. It is just a matter of time. Pujara and Rahane need to go immediately which leaves a huge void in the middle order. It will be a tough process of rebuilding the team which might not give you immediate success. 

50 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

As noted by most, this dumbfwuck OP raises dumbfwuck points but surprisingly nails one right.

If Ranji is canceled for 2nd year running - with our current vaxx coverage and minimal hospitalization - it'll be an unforgivable blot on Ganguly's resume as an admin.

Organising a 36 team tournament with 1100-1200 resources (players, support staff, officials, ground support, broadcasting crew etc) for minimum 8-9 weeks in a strict bio-bubble is next to impossible especially after the heavy criticism BCCI copped for trying to go ahead with the IPL during the second wave. At a time when most states have put in hard restrictions despite the vaccine coverage and lower hospitalisation rate, you think any state government will take the risk of giving permission for cricket matches in their states?

BCCI did stick to the A tour to SA when the easy option was to withdraw. Should look at organising a FC Challenger Trophy of sorts with the best 120-130 players in the country split into maybe 6 teams. Could be organised in a 4-5 week window before the IPL with a smaller group in a secure bio bubble.

I would in fact say, this has been masterclass of transition. Imagine breaking up Kohli Shastri mafia in 3 months. Imagine doing complete transition of captaincy from an egoistic toxic figure without much damage. Sure loss in SA, but it’s minor cost for a larger cause. 

Our obsession with BCCI reminds me of the 2004 Australia tour to India. Board room battle between dalmiya and sharad pawar all over news for BCCI elections. Australian team left puzzled by all this. McGrath remarked he didn’t even know when CAB elections were held. We love politics in this country. 

Well the administrators themselves have contributed to the mess in their own little ways, isnt it?

They cannot completely wash their hands off it

Ganguly does not seems to be as transparent as we thought he was, the trust factor seems to be a bit of a problem here

Virat, the captain, has screwed himself because Virat the batter, couldnt redeem himself in time and that was that

Dravid is no Shastri, so there is no place for Vk to run..He has dug a hole for himself and theres seems to be no way out of it for him

But there will be bigger problems ahead, and SG and his team will have their hands full. 

Perhaps...just perhaps...the likes of Greg Chappell and John Buchanan, weren't all that wrong..Hindsight as they say, is 20/20

9 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Organising a 36 team tournament with 1100-1200 resources (players, support staff, officials, ground support, broadcasting crew etc) for minimum 8-9 weeks in a strict bio-bubble is next to impossible especially after the heavy criticism BCCI copped for trying to go ahead with the IPL during the second wave. At a time when most states have put in hard restrictions despite the vaccine coverage and lower hospitalisation rate, you think any state government will take the risk of giving permission for cricket matches in their states?

BCCI did stick to the A tour to SA when the easy option was to withdraw. Should look at organising a FC Challenger Trophy of sorts with the best 120-130 players in the country split into maybe 6 teams. Could be organised in a 4-5 week window before the IPL with a smaller group in a secure bio bubble.

logistics are certainly very challenging, but one cannot postpone ranjis forever until omicron is "gone:. it will probably not go away full time, and the solution is clearly not to cancel all domestics and play only IPL. they can organize a mini-version - call it a diff trophy name, and have about 2-3 teams per zone instead

Not to gloat on my cricket acumen but I said this way back that I don’t believe in Ganguly the administrator. I remember pointing this out to @Austin 3:!6 @sandeep and @Magneto (post more bro)  before with examples of the Ind-Sa T20I that was abandoned in Kolkata due to wet outfield due to overnight rain in 2015-2016 followed by a dumb presentation ceremony that delayed the Ind-Pak WT20 match of all things in 2016. That was just some examples of poor management when Saurav was the head of the Bengal cricket association.

Love Dada the cricketer and captain but that doesn’t translate to great administrator.

In the whole Virat saga I support BCCI because it was right in front of us how things were handled on the field during the Virat regime but that doesn’t mean we can give Ganguly a clean chit yet. I feel he is just Imran Khan lite puppet leader with his bravado and lack of actual real admin skills.

Edited by maniac
18 minutes ago, sandeep said:

@sarchasm  

Edit your post where you have hurled personal abuse.  If I come back and see that you haven't edited this, you will be tempbanned.  This is a repeat offence by you over and over.  Get a grip.

Please don’t ban him. There is no sarchasm when I say this but I do enjoy his angry posts as long as they are not directed towards me :laugh:

I enjoy the way he articulates and puts forward his rage :giggle:

Edited by maniac

1) No Ranji or proper domestic cricket for last 2 years

2) Mismanaged IPL which forced the tournament to stop mid-way

3) Sabotaged a test match in England to play the remaining IPL matches in Dubai

4) Created too many powerhouses before World T20 with mentor Mahi etc. leading to one of our worst ICC tournament ever

5) First and only administration under whom we lost an ICC world cup game against Pakistan

6) Fake stories and news leaks almost everyday

7) Captaincy mess in ODIs and giving captaincy to a 34 year old guy who is unfit most of the time

8) Sending chairman of selector in press conference to prove captain Kohli did lie

9) Now test team is on total disarray

10) No direction for women's cricket prior to the world cup

spacer.pngspacer.png

The stupidest thread in icf history, except@amits

1.Ranji trophy in disarray due to covid. With supreme court foisting 30 teams, its impossible to play that many matches in a bio bubble.

2. There was a delta wave in the country. Is it BCCI's fault that most of the states were in disarray?

3.Sabotaged? So all those who tested positive were false? Why did ravi shastri take players to his book launch?

4. Too many powerhouses? Lol. Kohli ran the team. Mahi was included in the team as Kohli is basically clueless.

5. So SG and Shah chose the team? Played the match? The team management existed before they took over.

6. Because unlike the previous regimes they are not talking to journos on a daily basis.

7. He is our best odi player on form and had a good captaincy record.

8. Kohli did lie. He is a liar and thought he owned the bcci and team india. May be he mistook the BCCI as bollywood.

9. Blame the team management for kerp picking Rahane and Pujara.

10. How did Smriti win the player of the year?

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

3.Sabotaged? So all those who tested positive were false? Why did ravi shastri take players to his book launch?

The million dollar question being how did they manage to play IPL after that? 

4. Too many powerhouses? Lol. Kohli ran the team. Mahi was included in the team as Kohli is basically clueless

So Mr Ganguly woke up only before T20 Wc, before that there were threads on this sam forum calling him Kohli’s servant.

Also we saw what happened with this political move of appointing Mahi as mentor. 

5. So SG and Shah chose the team? Played the match? The team management existed before they took over.

If Ganguly is getting accolades for ousting Kohli he should be blamed for t20 debacle too. 

6. Because unlike the previous regimes they are not talking to journos on a daily basis.

This takes the cake,  lol why would any organization leak news to the reporters and its not only about Kohli they just leaked the news about Rahul's captaincy too, I mean they have turned into a poisonous PCB level organization. This is harmful not only for the particular player but for the whole team. 

7. He is our best odi player on form and had a good captaincy record.

Thats true. 

8. Kohli did lie. He is a liar and thought he owned the bcci and team india. May be he mistook the BCCI as bollywood.

Yeah, and where's the proof of that? 

An organization bullying a single guy who is an employee of that organization so that he can't strike back bcoz he might face more hate and resistance, that's what you call lying? 

9. Blame the team management for kerp picking Rahane and Pujara.

Kudos to Ganguly for ousting Kohli but blame to TM for picking Pujara and Rahane. Yeah right. 

Sorry, but very biased explanation and no logic or proof is there behind most of your points.