‘Ye Bumrah-Vumrah kya karenge’ – Parthiv Patel recalls Virat Kohli’s words on Jasprit Bumrah

6 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Nha bro. He was right. In 2014 -15 bumrah bowled terrible in ranji. Had an average of 32 or something at thr time. 

Kohli at the time was right about him but he never faced him in an actual game. Bumrah was rushing batsmen even in 2015. He just dint have skills. He still had pace bounce though. 

That's where kohli sucks. He is God damn awful at spotting talent. 

Rohit found bumrah after and declared him to be the next big thing after seeing him bowl before he got picked for Mumbai Indians. 

41 minutes ago, Jay said:

Nha bro. He was right. In 2014 -15 bumrah bowled terrible in ranji. Had an average of 32 or something at thr time. 

Kohli at the time was right about him but he never faced him in an actual game. Bumrah was rushing batsmen even in 2015. He just dint have skills. He still had pace bounce though. 

Rohit found bumrah after and declared him to be the next big thing after seeing him bowl before he got picked for Mumbai Indians. 

In that season, Bumrah was coming back from a knee injury. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/indian-premier-league-2013-586733/royal-challengers-bangalore-vs-mumbai-indians-2nd-match-597999/full-scorecard

Bumrah did get Kohli in his debut game 

Parthiv Patel made startling revelation and said that he had suggested the idea of getting Jasprit Bumrah on board to Virat Kohli at RCB, his former captain, but Virat had outrightly refused to even give him a chance.

"In 2014, when I was at RCB, I told Kohli there's this bowler named Bumrah. Have a look at him. Virat replied saying 'Chhor na yaar. Ye Bumrah-Vumrah kya karenge?' (Leave it. What will such players do?" Parthiv said on Cricbuzz.

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cricket/story/parthiv-patel-virat-kohli-jasprit-bumrah-ipl-2014-rcb-mi-revelation-1930411-2022-03-28

Hard to believe such story.

2013 - Indian team captain - MS Dhoni

2013 - Parthiv was in Sunrisers Hyderabad.

2013 - Bumrah's debut against RCB, picked up Kohli's wicket, so Kohli already knew who is Bumrah

2014 - MI picked Bumrah, RCB picked Parthiv

2014 - Parthiv told Kohli that there is bowler named Bumrah, why? Parthiv pretending as if he Kohli didn't know

2014 - Parthiv suggested Kohli to pick Bumrah? How? Bumrah was already with MI, Kohli wasn't team India captain, he was himself not an established player. No chances of RCB picking Bumrah, if he wanted Bumrah for team India, then should have gone to Dhoni.

i’m sure even if bumrah was with RCB nothing would have changed much, they don’t have the right setup to groom youngsters and polish them as MI . RCB could not polish Rahul, Mayank and many more such players, who have done well after moving away from RCB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

90% of posters here didn't rate Shardul Thakur at first, then he turned it around. 

It would have been disrespectful had Kohli said that in public like Sanju Manju did, but it's totally okay to talk like that with friends. 

Parthiv Patel is a proper saanp. 

I did. Like I said you need to watch the A tours or ranji games first before commenting about a players ability. 

I knew shradul can bat and would be a good utility player. Look at some of his stats in a few ranji seasons on those dead pitches. 

He suits Aussie conditions with his style of bowling provided he is fit. 

Kohli is not wrong about vumrah at the time. But kohli sucks at spotting talent. So he sucks cock in general anyway. That's a different story. But he isn't wrong about vumrah.