Let's back the boys

Gollum

22 hours ago, Gollum said:

At least for next few days shall we stop using nicknames like Vada Pav, Coolie, Kela, Hahul, Bewda, Harpic, Fraudeja, Asswin, Collar Chewer, Midget etc. Posting quality should be better, often the level of discourse over here is pathetic, even in cricket discussions. And more positivity please, too much wrist slitting and abuse of players. Sports fans in all forums/SM pages vent out at players but we are being too crude and thuggish, also hateful....don't think any sportsperson should face this much hate/mockery for underperformance (nobody underperforms deliberately or to spite us), also as part of this dedicated forum for Indian cricket, we must hold ourselves to a higher standard...must represent our country better. I admit I have been guilty of all these as well, I regret some of my extreme posts about Chahal/Dhoni/Dravid/Mukesh (many more I am pretty sure).....need to do better myself. If we have to collaborate with some Indian cricketer or BCCI higher up, we can't continue this kind of toxic posting culture. 

Can we enforce these changes @Trichromatic @sandeep @Lord @Austin 3:!6, on a trial basis at least till end of the WC. Please be more firm with transgressors, I would urge members to use the report button liberally. Maybe that will result in a change of forum culture and discussions can be more civil/mature in the future.

Google had this plugin in 2016. Whenever you type Trump this plugin would change it to Voldemort lol May be whenever someone types vada pav autocorrect it to ROhit :) Let us call it "positive plugin"

5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Google had this plugin in 2016. Whenever you type Trump this plugin would change it to Voldemort lol May be whenever someone types vada pav autocorrect it to ROhit :) Let us call it "positive plugin"

We have it for some terms like Bangladesh$, Lung@ns etc

Did anyone else read this as "let's bring back the boys"? An interim season of IPL should be announced with immediate effect after our WC exit to bring back the boys to a happy space. Jokes aside, it is the bowlers who will have to carry us far in the WC, especially against strong batting units. Here's to hoping that they strike often and strike big. 

On 10/1/2023 at 10:51 AM, Gollum said:

At least for next few days shall we stop using nicknames like Vada Pav, Coolie, Kela, Hahul, Bewda, Harpic, Fraudeja, Asswin, Collar Chewer, Midget etc. Posting quality should be better, often the level of discourse over here is pathetic, even in cricket discussions. And more positivity please, too much wrist slitting and abuse of players. Sports fans in all forums/SM pages vent out at players but we are being too crude and thuggish, also hateful....don't think any sportsperson should face this much hate/mockery for underperformance (nobody underperforms deliberately or to spite us), also as part of this dedicated forum for Indian cricket, we must hold ourselves to a higher standard...must represent our country better. I admit I have been guilty of all these as well, I regret some of my extreme posts about Chahal/Dhoni/Dravid/Mukesh (many more I am pretty sure).....need to do better myself. If we have to collaborate with some Indian cricketer or BCCI higher up, we can't continue this kind of toxic posting culture. 

Can we enforce these changes @Trichromatic @sandeep @Lord @Austin 3:!6, on a trial basis at least till end of the WC. Please be more firm with transgressors, I would urge members to use the report button liberally. Maybe that will result in a change of forum culture and discussions can be more civil/mature in the future.

No. I can't watch the losers smile and giggle and mint millions when their performance is zero.Understood that BCCI won't do ****. You want to gag the members frustrations as well. Do the players do what i have highlighted ? Are you sure ? 

1 hour ago, nitinbwj said:

No. I can't watch the losers smile and giggle and mint millions when their performance is zero.Understood that BCCI won't do ****. You want to gag the members frustrations as well. Do the players do what i have highlighted ? Are you sure ? 

Great post and very underrated.

Youre right he wants to do what the BCCI, Cricbuzz and TV broadcast do, ie gag opinions that are against Indian cricket.

What kind of horrible society does he want us to live in where people are not held accountable?

Coming back to the forum after a few years, just after a few matches I have been highly disappointed with so much of name calling and the wrist slitting. 

I was looking forward to being actively engaged like the 2011 WC at home. But I guess I will give it a pass, will generally be around and read stuff but not post much for my own sanity's sake.

On 10/4/2023 at 2:13 AM, saneindian said:

Coming back to the forum after a few years, just after a few matches I have been highly disappointed with so much of name calling and the wrist slitting. 

I was looking forward to being actively engaged like the 2011 WC at home. But I guess I will give it a pass, will generally be around and read stuff but not post much for my own sanity's sake.

how u man?! 

its a competitive sport and great facilities & talent does not equate to world cups. Tournament knock outs have element of luck with it. I think the discussions should be focused around cricket-related topic instead of extreme wrist-slitting/jingoism that sometimes happen over here whenever 5 overs of bad cricket is played by India. Yes, they are earning millions, but they have showcased extreme talent & hard-work to be there and each penny is earned. Unless we are out of group-stage within 6-7 matches, we should be hopeful. Every member in this squad have single-handedly won India matches in at least some format, so sometimes criticisms can go towards extremities.

For example, Eng is not an average side, but played two-three hours of poor cricket yesterday. Just think the amount of pessimism if the same happened with India. With some luck, either NZ would have been chasing 320 or Eng chasing 300 and winning under lights after winning toss and pitch easing out. Its a 8 hour game with such fine margin, **** happens. It can happen again and again, year after year. There is obviously room for improvement and discussions about selection optimization/reducing regional politics, but I suggest to be hopeful at least for a few weeks. Experts and fans on an average have put this team as favourites, however mild along with Aus/Eng.