India vs Australia | I wasn’t invited for the final, says former captain Kapil Dev

Singh bling

51 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

https://www.thehindu.com/sport/cricket/icc-world-cup/icc-world-cup-i-wasnt-invited-for-the-final-kapil-dev/article67552064.ece

What a shame The guy that was responsible for making cricket extremely popular in India was not even invited.

+ the 83 world cup winners are known as kapils devils. If he was overlooked, then its a shame

Edited by diga
4 minutes ago, Serpico said:

This is what I mean by bad vibes. Our administrators have zero class or shame. They would invite an actor who plays kapil character in a movie but not the actual guy. Because he disagreed with the ruling party pn something. All they care about is their friends in their social circle

That's what country has been reduced to.

If you go against one party, you are banished for life.

Don’t know what is going on b/w BCCI and Kapil (who even went to a competing T20 Indian league in the past. That league was eventually closed down by BCCI and many of those involved in it banned for a short period of time) but I would expect former World Cup winning captains (both Kapil and Dhoni) to be invited for a final in India involving Team India. 

Where is the time to invite Kapil? Only Bollywoodias can generate eyeballs.

You know who else was there in the game? Neeraj Chopra, India's greatest sportsperson of all time and the #1 youth icon. Did broadcasters show him even once? No they only had time for that clown Ranveer and his antics.

39 minutes ago, Gollum said:

You know who else was there in the game? Neeraj Chopra, India's greatest sportsperson of all time and the #1 youth icon. Did broadcasters show him even once? No they only had time for that clown Ranveer and his antics.

Below the tweet is a reply from Global baba (who hadn't forgotten the dot). lol.

@maniac bhai....did you pay for Twitter premium?

Edited by sensible-indian
2 hours ago, Gollum said:

That is just shameful from Broadcasters. Again i believe Broadcasters will show what public wants: Most of the general public wants to see those losers from Bollywood than real heros. 

3 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

That is just shameful from Broadcasters. Again i believe Broadcasters will show what public wants: Most of the general public wants to see those losers from Bollywood than real heros. 

Who knows, Bollywood PR may have paid for the coverage!!! Massive craze for Neeraj in our country bro. Frankly he is better looking and has more charisma/personality than every single Bollywood A-lister currently (maybe even in entire history of Indian film industry), sorry if this offends @Mariyam

Look at that duplicate Kapil Dev and compare to Neeraj, you seriously think public wants to see a crackhead clown over an Olympic gold medalist? That too not just once, or twice but a 100 times? SRK wasn't giving the attention seeking clown any bhaav, doubt even Deepika gives him any attention. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Who knows, Bollywood PR may have paid for the coverage!!! Massive craze for Neeraj in our country bro. Frankly he is better looking and has more charisma/personality than every single Bollywood A-lister currently (maybe even in entire history of Indian film industry), sorry if this offends @Mariyam

Look at that duplicate Kapil Dev and compare to Neeraj, you seriously think public wants to see a crackhead clown over an Olympic gold medalist? That too not just once, or twice but a 100 times? SRK wasn't giving the attention seeking clown any bhaav, doubt even Deepika gives him any attention. 

I don't disagree with anything that you've said. Neeraj also deserves his spot in the limelight. If anything, his PR manager should be held accountable. They are the ones who inform the media etc.

What I am going to get next will get me a lot of troll votes/ brickbats but here goes nonetheless.

You (and many others) tend to idolise or appreciate those who have a sense of achievement. Yes Neeraj is a world class athlete. But he is not even in the same league as SRK.

SRK has been entertaining people for 30+ years. He owns a cricket team and has had to go through a lot of struggle in his formative years as an industry outsider.

Neeraj has thrown a spear in one Olympics. 

Its not just achievements that one celebrates. Its not a Neeraj vs SRK or whatever. Both are greats in their own rights. For me, SRK is the bigger great as of today.

5 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I don't disagree with anything that you've said. Neeraj also deserves his spot in the limelight. If anything, his PR manager should be held accountable. They are the ones who inform the media etc.

What I am going to get next will get me a lot of troll votes/ brickbats but here goes nonetheless.

You (and many others) tend to idolise or appreciate those who have a sense of achievement. Yes Neeraj is a world class athlete. But he is not even in the same league as SRK.

SRK has been entertaining people for 30+ years. He owns a cricket team and has had to go through a lot of struggle in his formative years as an industry outsider.

Neeraj has thrown a spear in one Olympics. 

Its not just achievements that one celebrates. Its not a Neeraj vs SRK or whatever. Both are greats in their own rights. For me, SRK is the bigger great as of today.

You can't compare Bollywood with sports. Neeraj did something no Indian has got close to. SRK jaise bahut aaye hai (with all due respect).