Wasim Jaffer denies reported 'communal' allegations after quitting as Uttarakhand coach

One can argue if "Ram bhakt hanuman ki jai" is team slogan then maulvi should also be allowed for Friday prayers.

Not defending him, trying to step into other shoes. There is no correct answer to this, its all subjective. 

Selection however has to be purely meritocratic, and its all he said the other he said. Maybe someone can share their views on the deserving players. I reckon RKT is from UK.

9 minutes ago, bahadur_billa said:

The comment section shows how rotten the Cow Ka Cola society has become. 

Yeah, bringing in Maulvis into cricket grounds is entirely normal.

And you couldn't resist yourself from making the "cow" jibes. I bet you think all the commentors are bigots but you are a beacon of secular values.

Edited by PunterLog
4 minutes ago, PunterLog said:

Yeah, bringing in Maulvis into cricket grounds is entirely normal.

What is wrong if a Maulavi visits the ground. The wrong bit is accusing Jaffar unnecessarily. If aacusation is on basis of caste or region, imo , more often, accusing party is actually lieing and misusing. Best player isn’t best captain. Look at Kohli

Edited by mishra
2 minutes ago, PunterLog said:

Are you seriously saying that it's ok to bring Maulvis into grounds to read Namaz? :facepalm:

Yeah. Absolutely if players or parents of players want a Maulavi during practice days. Not as if he is stopping a match because Maulavi says its prayer time for skipper. What is wrong in that

1 minute ago, PunterLog said:

If the players want to read Namaz, they can go to the local mosque. Maulvis have no place inside cricket camps.

So if i want to say jai shri ram i need to say that only in temple. What kind of mentality is that? He isn’t changing cricket ground into mosque. My frnd did namaz in my house when he stayed overnight . I am perfectly fine with that. It his belief and I don’t want to stop it

I think Maulavi thing is not too much of an issue...  There is no restriction on that.  But selection bias is the main issue.  I do hope Jaffer didn't had any hand in that. 

Even Irfan Pathan was alleged of biasing & corruption in JKCA but that's what happens in every nook & corner of J&K. 

5 minutes ago, mishra said:

So if i want to say jai shri ram i need to say that only in temple. What kind of mentality is that? He isn’t changing cricket ground into mosque. My frnd did namaz in my house when he stayed overnight . I am perfectly fine with that. It his belief and I don’t want to stop it

Well Jaffa has denied it happened so the point may be mute.

the difference between your friend doing namaz at your house & coach bringing a religious preacher into the dressing room should be obvious. One is your home, you can do what you want. The other is your place of work, try taking a religious preacher to preach in you place of work & see if your bosses are fine with it.