Volunteers for ICF twitter account handling

Cricketics

Hello all! 

We have had an ICF twitter account for a while but not many of us have been able to handle it well or keep up with the pace for a while now. Few volunteers in the past have done a brilliant job over the years to maintain it but they are not available anymore in the same capacity. It was through twitter that iCF and its members were invited and got the opportunity to attend the ICC Champions trophy 2017 (we were there) and also were invited and got to attend Indian jersey launch a few years ago. 

We are looking for couple of people who are based in IST timezone or timezones similar to IST and are interested in posting through ICF twitter account basic tweets when domestic games, or India's matches are going on. 

You can reply here or pm @Trichromatic @jalebi_bhai @Malcolm Merlyn @G_B_ or me if interested. 

Good ideas. Can we have a monthly newsletter as well and we can have contributors in different topics. More like cricinfo monthly. Maybe we can do some analysis. I am astounded by the grip over language of many contributors in ICF and we should be definitely using their skills. ICF monthly newsletter will be great. If possible we can give the excerpts of the youtube discussions in the news letter. Have a write to editor section , a quiz, a down the memory lane feature.. i would love to do something similar but we need support. 

8 hours ago, neel roy said:

Good ideas. Can we have a monthly newsletter as well and we can have contributors in different topics. More like cricinfo monthly. Maybe we can do some analysis. I am astounded by the grip over language of many contributors in ICF and we should be definitely using their skills. ICF monthly newsletter will be great. If possible we can give the excerpts of the youtube discussions in the news letter. Have a write to editor section , a quiz, a down the memory lane feature.. i would love to do something similar but we need support. 

these are good ideas. ICF has many talented folks who are not prone to bouts of western boot-licking as done by the likes of Cricinfo.

Edited by Vijy

On 3/10/2021 at 9:50 AM, Gambit said:

Memes are the easiest way to get eyeballs, hence meme experts should come forth. @Mosher posted the funniest IPL memes.

That's indeed a great idea. However, if we have to position ICF as a serious cricketing forum, we should stay away from memes. A guideline needs to be made which has the following details - Tone of voice, language and words allowed, the kind of imagery allowed. 

We can take inspiration from ICC's twitter handle. The content is subjecet oriented, rich in nature. 

At any cost, we should not dilute the brand value.

On 3/10/2021 at 4:39 PM, neel roy said:

Great idea.

We can explore this further.