Do people dislike Kohli mostly because of his personality ?

It seems many people dislike Kohli not because of his performance but his antics off and on the field.

Personally for me, while his habit of always trying to be center of attention, borderline narcissism and his wife trying to hog limelight from Cricket does irritate me but I haven't found them anything excessively intolerable.

I understand that as long as he is not breaching any code of conduct on field, he should be free to express himself. He is free to take up social causes he believes in and can put up his opinion on social media even if you disagree with him. His wife is in showbiz and as long as it is not affecting his game, she can draw some footage of cricket to keep her career on wheels.

Overall my dislike for him is only because of his handling of some of the young players, his poor captaincy and his habit of going missing in all important games.

Do you feel Kohli's personality affects his game, captaincy and impacts team's performance and your distastefulness for him grows because of this ?

Edited by Number

I find his posing for the cameras and random dancing in the middle of the game or over the top fist bump and expressions feel  too forced and annoying. I mean sure if he does a Bhangra after winning a crucial game don’t think it will feel weird.

I felt the same way about Dhoni’s “cool” act towards the end. Yes Dhoni is a calm guy by nature and has been blessed with ice calm temperament but felt he was overdoing it and felt forceful towards the end.

You can just tell. Even with some of the more charismatic WI cricketers you can tell when there is a genuine emotion or when they are trying to force a mannerism/celebration kind of like Dhawan thigh slap or Hassan Ali suicide bomb celebration.

Winning & losing are a part of the game. Anyone saying we have not won this or that may not understand sports. 

What I want is Ind to at least get the strategy and tactics right. To me, it appears as if he thinks of picking bowlers as creating a buffet for him where bowlers are lined on a table. In creating options for him, he dilutes the strength of say pace bowlers in pace bowling conditions, showing that he is probably not making an effort to take calls based on conditions. He wants to have options as he is probably not sure what will happen wrt conditions during a game. 

If we look at various tournaments:

2017 CT Played an extra spinner v Pak in the final

2019 WC the middle order was unsettled and undercooked. Made no effort to play some of the guys up the order to remain in form (even in bilaterals)

2021 WTC Played two spinners in pace friendly conditions 

Edited by zen
6 hours ago, zen said:

Winning & losing are a part of the game. Anyone saying we have not won this or that may not understand sports. 

What I want is Ind to at least get the strategy and tactics right. To me, it appears as if he thinks of picking bowlers as creating a buffet for him where bowlers are lined on a table. In creating options for him, he dilutes the strength of say pace bowlers in pace bowling conditions, showing that he is probably not making an effort to take calls based on conditions. He wants to have options as he is probably not sure what will happen wrt conditions during a game. 

If we look at various tournaments:

2017 CT Played an extra spinner v Pak in the final

2019 WC the middle order was unsettled and undercooked. Made no effort to play some of the guys up the order to remain in form (even in bilaterals)

2021 WTC Played two spinners in pace friendly conditions 

All dudberhead had to do in WTc was pick this team;

Pujara

Rohit

Gill

Kuli

Rahane

Pant

Sundar

Shardul

Siraj

Bumrah

Shami

This team would beat Kiwis. But Punjabi in general cant think outside the box unfortunately. I myself am half Punjabi and I know this is generally true. They are not innovative thinkers. Obviously there are exceptions. 

7 hours ago, maniac said:

many years back I went to see Batman Begins in Prasad’s IMAX in Hyderabad. A famous current telugu super star from a famous telugu family came to watch it along with his friends. I was sitting right behind them.  Few of those friends  were recognizable faces as well. They are actors who do small roles like hero’s friends, villains chamcha or act as leads themselves in small budget movies.

This  star dropped his mobile phone in his seat somewhere and all of a sudden all these chamchas were literally searching for it like their life savings were stolen.

Something tells me their concern  was not out of love.

I feel the same way when foreign players including Pakistani cricketers  reciprocate their love for Kohli. 

Rofl. This made me laugh so hard that I almost forgot I was in public. People around me started laughing cause I cracked up.