BJP voters who dislike Modi

Trichromatic

I am in the opposite boat.

I find Modi to be better PM material than anyone else right now, but do not care much for BJP enough to vote for them. Infact without Modi as the administrator,I would not vote for bjp.

I personally would like to vote for a centrist party .I truely do not like either the right wing or the left wing political parties.

I find Modi to be better PM material than anyone else right now, but do not care much for BJP enough to vote for them. Infact without Modi as the administrator,I would not vote for bjp.

I personally would like to vote for a centrist party .I truely do not like either the right wing or the left wing political parties.
What is right wing about BJP?

During 2019, was part of a NRI group that called up people to convince them to vote for Modi. I was assigned parts of rural UP Most of the places rural side were aware of Modi, esp women. They were intrigued why people from outside the country were calling them to vote. I was disappointed in the first term. Mixed since 2019 , but he is into populism and so popular. It is natural that he can polarize. He speaks the language that people resonate to. That is important to win elections.

He can’t qualify for 2024 as he will be 74 as per BJP policy :giggle:. If the alternative is Didi, Akiles Namazwadi or Pappu, Modi can still win in 2029 too

37 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:
1 hour ago, beetle said:

What is right wing about BJP?

He praised the Goan Church which supported Goan  inquisition , next up Tipu and Aurangzeb  .. 

He praised the Goan Church which supported Goan  inquisition , next up Tipu and Aurangzeb  .. 

True...he doesn't cite christian values like Merkel and Biden do...maybe that makes him right wing

Of maybe he should be left wing like macron or other liberal countries that have banned burkha ...

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

During 2019, was part of a NRI group that called up people to convince them to vote for Modi. I was assigned parts of rural UP Most of the places rural side were aware of Modi, esp women. They were intrigued why people from outside the country were calling them to vote. I was disappointed in the first term. Mixed since 2019 , but he is into populism and so popular. It is natural that he can polarize. He speaks the language that people resonate to. That is important to win elections.

He can’t qualify for 2024 as he will be 74 as per BJP policy :giggle:. If the alternative is Didi, Akiles Namazwadi or Pappu, Modi can still win in 2029 too

You are gonna have a similar epiphany by 2025? :giggle:

In cricketing paralance: Modi is like Dhoni for BJP. You can’t be subjective about him, either he has hardcore rabid fans or haters. At the same time had it not been for his presence/ leadership whatever the reason either his golden touch or actually he knew what he was doing, he delivered for them at the big stage as a leader.

He has his share of failures and goofups but the big wins and image overshadows everything else. Just like Dhoni he has become an image more than an actual person now.

His seniors (ABV and Advani) built BJP to a serious competitor  else he wouldn’t have the platform just like SRT,Ganguly,Kumble and co did for Dhoni and his next gen  evoke even more divisive emotions (Yogi, Amit Shah etc ala Kohli, Rohit Sharma )

Also phased out the seniors and power centers  just like Modi did either organically or by force.

Also same underdog story- Dhoni came from a small town and a small power center of cricket and became a captain and Modi rose to power  from a non political family to get to where he got, both really difficult in India.

So there are a lot of things to dislike about Modi just like Dhoni but there will always be a factor of awe and mad respect if you view him subjectively but at the same time lot of things to dislike them for as well.

Edited by maniac

Modi is more likely ke Kohli, brings a Fit regimen like Yoga day, but wins not much other than a few Test championship  maces. Doesn’t let anybody else rise and is authoritarian along with Amit Shah (Shastri). He doesn’t other seniors like Advani (Kumble/MMJ) and finds it untenable to work with them. 
only exception, unlike Kohli who has no won IPL , Modi has won Gujarat and 2014/19

I don't like Modi coz I don't think dude is smart enough..  I was in awe of him back in 2014 & a massive supporter.  Things changed when he suddenly visited Pakistan outta nowhere & then Pathankot attack happened & then he invited freakin ISI to investigate it..   It was so beyond pathetic that during those days Kapil Mishra was Absolutely ripping him apart on the streets of Delhi. 

This was the turning point for me as far as Modi is concerned.  Demonetization vindicated that after some time.  We still haven't recovered from that shock economically.  Terrorism didn't stopped in Kashmir as claimed. 

Recently he stayed silent on all the violence that happened in Bengal with Hindus.  All his politics is based on Jumla & he is no better than Congis imo.  He has also gone old & there is no reason to support him anymore.  I'd like BJP to promote a young leader with new ideas.  No Yogi please. 

What has Mamta Banerjee done for development or the betterment of Bengal? She is only good at playing victim while torturing ppl who oppose her in Bengal. What development has she brought to Bengal in the last 2 terms she has been CM? 

On 7/26/2021 at 7:28 PM, beetle said:

I am on the same boat. I am not a BJP supporter per se as likes of Yogi Adityanath, Sadhvi Pragya etc are too right wing for me.

But I honestly believe Modi has all the best intentions and want nothing more than betterment of the country. He is an honest man who relentlessly work everyday for upliftment of India. Think about this....he is a 70 year old man with no kids or family and just a 94 year old mother. He is definitely not doing it for money or for his family. There are no incentives for him. He can easily retire and spend his life lavishly in govt bunglow. But the fact that he takes so much abuse and still works selflessly for greater good of the country makes me his bhakt.

I am very good in understanding people as in who is fake..who is real, who is right...who is wrong. I being a bengali living in UK who does not have voting right in India have no compulsion to like a 70 year old Gujrati man. But I genuinely believe he is a decent man and hence support him. Ofcourse like any human being, sometime he succeeds...sometime he fails but one cant fault him being an honest trier.

For me, Narendra Modi is the best PM India ever had and people will realize that only when he is gone.