Pandya throws Tilak Varma under the bus

New guy

58 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

wow  I can't believe he said that. He actually played quiet well.   Axar bowled 6 balls to Tilak. Tilak scored 14 runs. He probably expected 20 runs?

Yeah, weird thing for a captain to say, just shows how much pressure he is under to now start attacking his own team mates.

Matter of time before his career is finished tbh. He made enough money and has enough investments I am sure. House in bandra and all. So he is set. Just leave then.

3 hours ago, Kron said:

Matter of time before his career is finished tbh. He made enough money and has enough investments I am sure. House in bandra and all. So he is set. Just leave then.

He will always be in demand in IPL so not going anywhere.

MI was always going to lose it chasing 250 in t20 needs a whole lot of things go your way and even then its not possible.

Think he could not say they didnt get the opening stand required to chase down that kind of score they were 50/3 in PP losing SKY in the process, this could have meant a straight punch at Rohit and could not say bowling was bad either as he himself gave away 41 runs in 2 overs where 1-2 overs are deciding the matches.

They were never chasing it its lucky they got so far. Tilak was low hanging fruit and could take away the discussion for sometime and may be Tilak is from Rohit's camp ...?

Its not discussed much but there were 3 blinders in PSKB win, alone Bairstow even with his 45 ball 100 would not have been sufficient enough had he not got the kind of innings Prabhsimran and Shashank

Edited by tapandrun

8 hours ago, New guy said:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ipl-2024-dc-vs-mi-hardik-pandya-tilak-varmas-lack-of-aggression-vs-spin-cost-us-the-game-1431252

Hardik: Tilak's lack of intent against spin up front 'cost us the game'

What a captain, a true inspiring leader blaming his top scorer who scored at nearly 200 strike rate. 

Of course he conveniently forgets all his tuk tuk innings in previous matches and his bowling spells which loses matches. 

Due to his own batting MI lost atleast 3 matches, where everyone else wwre playing with above 170 sr but he himself played with 120 sr.

2 hours ago, zen said:

Sooner or later, Ambani is likely to throw Pendulum (Pendu) under the bus too. 

It's a shame because I do think he is talented. He is wasting it. 

Him playing in the WC final Instead of useless sky could have made a difference for us.

Edited by Kron

11 hours ago, New guy said:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ipl-2024-dc-vs-mi-hardik-pandya-tilak-varmas-lack-of-aggression-vs-spin-cost-us-the-game-1431252

Hardik: Tilak's lack of intent against spin up front 'cost us the game'

What a captain, a true inspiring leader blaming his top scorer who scored at nearly 200 strike rate. 

Of course he conveniently forgets all his tuk tuk innings in previous matches and his bowling spells which loses matches. 

Msd did the same to hahane in some series. 

2 hours ago, raki05 said:

Due to his own batting MI lost atleast 3 matches, where everyone else wwre playing with above 170 sr but he himself played with 120 sr.

His bowling which was his stronger suit(many think his batting,but I strongly believe his bowling was better)once,now has equally stooped to new lows with his batting,only thing which kept him afloat

He literally has enough ability to loose matches with either of them

Edited by Suhaan

This guy is not in a good mental place. From superstar to a joke. Maybe he got taken in by the fame and fortune and lost track of what it took him to that fame in the first place. He needs to stop talking like a loosenut in the first place. Then he can think about focusing on basics. Maybe he will have an ok career. Otherwise by the looks of it, he may be gone and forgotten as far as cricket is concerned. I thought he would grow into the role of MSD but he doesn't have the mindset. MSD, Yuvi, and Raina were part of a tough middle order that can win from any position. Pandya and the gang may not live up to their potential.