Why are the ICFers hell bent on breaking the worlds best bowling combo ?

sscomp32

Don't agree with the opening poster completely but in terms of odi cricket yes i want these 4 to be my first choice attack. There's something about this 4 that seems to click on a timely basis and i think the 2 individual combos (bhuvi and bumrah) and (kuldeep and chahal) are good at working in tandem.  Pandya can be the 5th bowler who has been bowling good pace (80-85 mph) but he needs to work on bowling tighter lines and not giving freebies.

pLUS, I definitely don't want to see the likes of ashwin, jadeja, kedhar jadhav bowling in the world cup. That is a strict No-No

One of the aspects to consider is injury backup. 

What will happen if say Bumrah is unavailable for even a couple of matches in the World Cup  ?

Will we be comfortable with Kaul or Shardul or Umesh in his place  ?

We need to get a new pacer ready who is good both upfront and in the death overs.

This is one of the reasons why someone like Khaleel needs to be given a few ODI games this year itself.

Edited by express bowling
11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

One of the aspects to consider is injury backup. 

What will happen if say Bumrah is unavailable for even a couple of matches in the World Cup  ?

Will we be comfortable with Kaul or Shardul or Umesh in his place  ?

We need to get a new pacer ready who is good both upfront and in the death overs.

This is one of the reasons why someone like Khaleel needs to be given a few ODI games.

Let me put thing the way I see it. England has prepared standard pitches and 350+ pitches. All the matches England will play will be on 350+ pitches. While they may not be bothered to give the same say for a match between India and newzealand or other countries.

So , Ishant Bhuvi Jaddu any and all will come into play as long as opposition is not England. So judging the condition and playing the right bowlers is going to be key in the upcoming world cup

1. The bowling line up is against the standard world class norm. Historically, No team has won a World Cup by playing just 2 pace bowler. (Except Sri Lanka in 1996.)

2. The spin bowlers don't bowl during death overs. Imagine Bhuvi/Bumrah having an off day or getting injured. 

3. Chahal is a okayish fielder with no batting and doesn't even bowl during powerplay and death overs. He is no world class bowler either. So his position can be debatable.

4. India has developed a lot as a cricketing nation. You can see now India has two bowlers with one averaging 19( who doesn't bowl during tough period) and other 22 (who bowls during tough time). Fans believe there shouldn't be any place for average bowlers in the team.

5. Bhuvi has very poor stats in Odi. But he provides batting depth to the team. Second seamer for the team? Again debatable.

These are might be the reasons. It's a forum. People will have opinions just like you. They may want to see the team become like the Invincibles Australians of 2000 and WIs of 1980. This team is not. 
There is always a place for betterment. 

1 hour ago, sscomp32 said:

I seriously dont know what kind of drug icf is on that they cant seem to digest that bhu-bum-kul-cha are the best freakin white ball bowling attack in the world. Everytime someone or other keep talking of dropping one of the four. And the replacement is whio ? A rookie who performed against a team that doesn't even have odi status. :facepalm: 

My god this place is cancer. I thought it was just dhoni that this place has problem but this place is cancer. :puke: 

FYKI we have NEVER lost a match when these 4 have played and we bowled first. Even while defending we lost just 3 mostly because the other team was chasing and had an advantage.

Dont look at the individual performances, look at the combined effort. 

PLEASE DONT FIX WHAT IS NOT BROKEN. FOr those who want to include khaleel might do to him what happened to siraj. He has such a horror debut that he isn't even being picked now after mind boggling performances. 

I REPEAT PLEASE DONT FIX WHAT IS NOT BROKEN. That doesn't mean they are irreplaceable. If they start costing us games then it can be talked about. 

P.S. Before the trolls attack me and drag dhoni here also, this is not about him at all, please. 

Why not question them? If bhuvi is not taking enough wickets then questions should be asked. This is not 90's where we didn't had many options as far bowling is concerned. If you are not giving us cosistent breakthroughs your position should be questioned.

How would we know about upcoming pacers than if we continue to play the same eleven every match. In England when Bhuvi and Bumah were injured we didn't had anyone to fall back on becuase we didn't create any backups, were rigid in approach and played the same bowlers almost everywhere.

Bumrah is a very special bowler for us. A true match winner but it doesn't mean you play him in every freaking match and series. His workload needs to be managed and thats where lies the opportunity to try new players. Who knows may be we can get another Bumrah but for that new players needs to be trusted.

Edited by Hell Raiser