Safe to say Dhoni already played his last match for India

Austin 3:!6

World cup got over some 6 months back but Dhoni didnt got selected in any format since. Selectors have clearly mentioned that they are looking ahead. If Dhoni had to come back...he would have by now considering poor performance of Pant overall. So is it safe to say Dhoni had already played his last match for India and will never wear blue jersey again?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

For how much he screwed over Indian test cricket in the last decade he does not even deserve a farewell match... best scenario, invite Zimbabwe to Ranchi and select Dhoni in a 3rd string indian team and play a friendly T20I. Send him packing for good and ab kissa khatam karo.

As a die-hard Dhonian, I would like my hero not to get embarrassed in his last farewell game. Remember last time we played Zimbabwe in t20, even that malnourished gujju axar Patel embarrassed my hero in not one but two games.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/10638/scorecard/1007655/zimbabwe-vs-india-1st-t20i-india-tour-of-zimbabwe-2016

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/10638/game/1007659/zimbabwe-vs-india-3rd-t20i-india-tour-of-zimbabwe-2016

Can we play Papua New Guinea instead? :pray:

14 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

World cup got over some 6 months back but Dhoni didnt got selected in any format since. Selectors have clearly mentioned that they are looking ahead. If Dhoni had to come back...he would have by now considering poor performance of Pant overall. So is it safe to say Dhoni had already played his last match for India and will never wear blue jersey again?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's not like Dhoni was doing great with bat. So better to fail with a youngster than an oldie.

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Don't forget that Pant came in as an injury substitute in WC 2019.   That route will be open to the Great Grey Beard too.    :phehe:

Yes, absolutely! If Pant gets injured, who will be the replacement for LOIs? Saha won't make the cut and neither will the unproven Samson or Kishan. It will be the one and only Dhoni who will somehow squeeze out a good knock targeting the weakest bowlers while hiding well from the good ones, making sure he remains not out. 

Edited by nevada
3 minutes ago, nevada said:

Yes, absolutely! If Pant gets injured, who will be the replacement for LOIs? Saha won't make the cut and neither will the unproven Samson or Kishan. It will be the one and only Dhoni who will somehow squeeze out a good knock targeting the weakest bowlers while hiding well from the good ones, making sure he remains not out. 

Maybe that is the plan and that is why Pant has not been replaced by Samson or Kishan yet, despite so much criticism from TM and selectors.  :phehe:

1 minute ago, ganeshran said:

Dhoni deserves a farewell match. He has been a liability for a long time now but he played a huge part in two or most memorable victories (WC 2011 and T20 WC 2007). Should get a match in Ranchi and say good bye :wave:

No, he doesn't. Neither does any other legend. Just a little pre-match or mid-match ceremony to honor the player with a 5 minute(max) speech. That's it.

Just now, nevada said:

No, he doesn't. Neither does any other legend. Just a little pre-match or mid-match ceremony to honor the player with a 5 minute(max) speech. That's it.

Its not a big deal.. WI will be happy to tour and play a LOI for this. The offer should be on the table to let Dhoni's status be finalised instead of him looming over the selectors' minds