Justice for Rahul Campaign (JFRC)

19 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Why do we insist on turning LOI achievers into test players?

Yuvi, Raina and now Rohit.

I would rather lose with Rahane than with Rohit.

Rohit could potentially play a good knock in the next test but question is will he be consistent?

No. Highly unlikely.

This is just sad.

This is Kohli era. These things don't matter, solo aim of Kohli is to ensure he has no real rival in Indian cricket, so that his brand stays no 1 for another 10 years, he's a crook plain and simple. 

1 hour ago, King Tendulkar said:

Frankly this makes me really happy 

I am just happy Raul plays . And replaces Dhawan . Raul now must play for next 6 games mr kohli !

rohit v rahane is 50/50 call . So not bothered . Rohit is form player and had had one game to acclimatise . Rahane great away but horrid form . So toss of a coin this one . I would just say to Rohit get in for 25 balls then bat like the hit man

Yeh, there is this nagging hope that Rohit is one breakthrough innings from producing the same form

2 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

rohit v rahane is 50/50 call . So not bothered . Rohit is form player and had had one game to acclimatise . Rahane great away but horrid form . So toss of a coin this one . I would just say to Rohit get in for 25 balls then bat like the hit man

How is 50/50.....what has rohit done overseas. Even Dhawan had a gr8 Nz tour

Even bhuvi n ashwin avg better then rohit overseas.

Rahane has been ur best player overseas and changing him for a guy hasnt done much .......its not 50/50 its a huge mismatch

Op aint defendung Rohit here.

He is asking a valid question.

The answer to it is that Pujara has scored a 100 in sa in first test 2013, played a good knock in 2nd test, scored a crucial 24 in lords green track blunting the ball and has survived a lot of overs in nz, sa and aus.

For those reasons, fans dont question him as much as dhawan and rohit.

Edited by sensible-indian

^ Its because the manner a player gets out. Every team knows, that apart from Chepu, eveyr Indian bat will give them few chances. But for Chepu, They have to have a plan, put pressure by either drieng the runs or taking regular wickets from other end or occasionally just make the batting overwhelming). And during the initial phase when Chepu walks in, They all have to be on their toes in fielding and put on some decent effort in bowling. Because if you do all of above, Not many bats in world can survive.

Most players like Kohli, Rahul, Murali are muscels of our batting lineup. Chepu is not the muscel but backbone of our test batting. If few muscels do their job, Backbone will withstand the pressure

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

This is Kohli era. These things don't matter, solo aim of Kohli is to ensure he has no real rival in Indian cricket, so that his brand stays no 1 for another 10 years, he's a crook plain and simple. 

Kohli's selections or should we call them non selections certainly give that impression. Rishab Pant was treated like crap and his budding career has been effectively nipped in the bud. Rahul continues to get the cold shoulder. Rahane didn't get a look in despite being the vice captain. 

Whom you replace Rahul if he gets pair off Olivier or Ngidi ? Just keep the same combination ( MSD S WAY) 

indias last chance in the next test because once India starts to adapt themself in the 3rd Test, India might loose series 2/0 if we bats poor 

Edited by Shy9
19 minutes ago, nevada said:

Kohli's selections or should we call them non selections certainly give that impression. Rishab Pant was treated like crap and his budding career has been effectively nipped in the bud. Rahul continues to get the cold shoulder. Rahane didn't get a look in despite being the vice captain. 

BCCI is so weak nowadays that it cant have balls to say eff off to Kohli. Or may be BCCI is intentionally letting it happen to bring up the quality of their new business model called IPL, sooner or later we will know that we have better quality in IPL than international cricket.

Edited by mishra

Rahane has the backing of the mumbai lobby. Unless someone else from the mumbai side becomes the darling of the mumbai lobby...he will be fine.

It is Rahul we should worry about .

The guy has no lobby or Godfather and the oldies are always gunning him for his hairstyle and tattoos .( why only him ...so many have those).

He should just eat some chawanprash and zandu pancharist and get some tough runs to shut people.

Go rahul go.....:cheer5::cheer5::cheer5:

You have no one to back you except your bat. 

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Of all the batsmen Dhawan is the one who looks like getting out even if you give him six lives. All they have to do is bowl a well-directed bouncer. It has become a too simple pattern. Pujara at least does his best to get behind the line. Anyone else would have missed that ball. Actually, he was good enough even to edge it. He puts a price on his wicket. He tries to bide time so that he can cash in later. His temperament is much needed for India despite failures. Rohit sharma as a defensive batsman is fish out of the water. It is just not his cup of tea. He is not a good defensive player.  India has to go with Rahane despite his form against spinners. Rahane's trigger movement is far better suited against this kind of fast bowling than Rohit's trigger movement.  Dhawan/Rohit must be replaced by Rahul/Rahane. Even if they fail in one inning I expect them to do well in the 2nd. Yes, they could flunk in both the innings. But that is the best hope for India to take on tough home opponents like SA.

Its very surprising why no one talks about this weakness . Dhawan to me is much poorer than Raina in that aspect , only that he has figured out how to score in LOIs of short ball ..tests is different . When you are weak againt swing/bounce the chances of a batsmen surviving are very slim . The only thing in his favour is that hes bit of a fighter , but it only take you so for in this format ..especially if you are an opener where he cannot hide .

http://www.espncricinfo.com/video/clip?id=22033557

Graeme Smith interview, who says he was very surprised with the exclusion of Rahul and Rahane. Says both have the ideal technique to score runs in SA. Surprised to see Dhawan open.

Everyone in India and also opposition team gets it, with the exception of team management aka Kohli!

Edited by Forever Indian

Pujara is not beyond criticism , just that hes not the biggest of our worries now. As bad as hes been , he did play a decent hand in first innings .

I dont expect him to be very successful consistently overseas though  . I always found the comparison with Dravid ridiculous , the common thing is they score at a steady pace and I think thats where it ends . Dravid had a safety first approach towards his batting , but what he did not lack is scoring shots against any kind of bowling . Infact his SR generally overseas was better , hes one of the few batsmen we have produced who did not have any apparent weakness strong both on front and back foot . Pujara contrary to that has limited shots against pace bowlers , most of them are release or premeditated so ends up blocking everything and unlike in SC he will not get to bat against spinners and get some momentum to his innings . So I dont expect more than a 150 ball 40 from him in these conditions . 

2 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Pujara is not beyond criticism , just that hes not the biggest of our worries now. As bad as hes been , he did play a decent hand in first innings .

I dont expect him to be very successful consistently overseas though  . I always found the comparison with Dravid ridiculous , the common thing is they score at a steady pace and I think thats where it ends . Dravid had a safety first approach towards his batting , but what he did not lack is scoring shots against any kind of bowling . Infact his SR generally overseas was better , hes one of the few batsmen we have produced who did not have any apparent weakness strong both on front and back foot . Pujara contrary to that has limited shots against pace bowlers , most of them are release or premeditated so ends up blocking everything and unlike in SC he will not get to bat against spinners and get some momentum to his innings . So I dont expect more than a 150 ball 40 from him in these conditions . 

He did get a 150 last time in SA. I think for Pujara there are two things which do not work in his favour.

One is as you pointed out he has limited scoring shots against pacers early on, but I believe he starts scoring more freely after getting to 40 or 50 but he has usually got out before getting a 50.

Second point is a contributory factor to the first one. Pujara generally keeps out the good balls, but gets out to peaches which other players generally miss by a distance. This is because of his strong technique, which is a boon when there is predictable amount of swing or seam as he is able to cover it easily and looks in control. But when there are peaches bowled at him which deviate a lot he is still able to reach it because of a strong technique but is able to only edge it and not middle it. Where a Steve Smith would have missed the ball by a mile like he often does in challenging conditions, Pujara would likely have edged it.