CWC match no.28: India vs Afghanistan Southampton 06/22/2019

Lol at people thinking we will lose to Toygers. We are better than them in every department. Moreover, Afg's bowling is 10 times better than Bangladesh's on such wkts. Any team would have struggled against them. Just need to get Pant in before the knock outs now that it is confirmed that Dhawan would no longer be participating 

43 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Bangla forum now feels that they can beat this Indian team black and blue.Can't blame them as our batting was piss poor.

They don't have any bowling, their bowling is almost club level. Afghanistan will become a stronger team than them in a hurry.

BangBr@s are definitely a better team than what they used to be, but I would still put India ahead of them:

1. Even though BangBr@s are a better team, the old BangBr@s looked like a better bowling unit. I don’t see the current lot troubling India’s top 3. And if the top 3 stick around for a good time, India will bat Bangladeshs out of the game.

2. BangBr@s have improved because they are a much better batting unit. But the batting unit that troubled WI and Aussies was helped by the fact both teams have pretty much crap bowling in the middle overs. India bowling doesn’t have any such issues other than the 5th bowler.

One thing India might need to change is Vijay Shankar. As a pure batsman Vijay Shankar over Pant doesn’t make sense. If you aren’t going to bowl him, replace him with pant. This makes the middle order lot stronger.

Edited by IndianRenegade
53 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

He can do that as a coach and send down instructions. I dont mind that. He is past it as a player.

Shastri  is going nowhere:hatsoff: As long as alcohol supply is there.. Shastri jee ll hang around. Guy had good first 2 matches against better teams. India needs Dhoni. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

In such a long format, there were bound to be a couple of stinkers. Glad we got one of them out of the way without suffering a loss, can't afford such slips in KO. This team showed character, I take that as a positive. It is always good to be tested in WCs, even 2003 Aus had a few nervy matches. 

absolutely....yup even aussies were in deep **** against Eng n Nz and even we started the 2003 Wc very poorely against Netherlands 

1 hour ago, Adi BB said:

Dont worry guys ,bangladesh wont beat us ,this was a one off jolt that was mich needed .

The team came off a long lay off after the Pakistan win ,they took this match very lightly and thinking too ahead I.e the KOs, this match has made them realise that anything can happen on a given day and you cant take any match lightly. 

The batting needs to be rejigged, pant has to come in ,jhadav bye bye 

Kohli the jackass won't change anything as he has won . His robotic mentality says, if you win ,don't make a change even if its most obvious

Good test for the Indian team as defending a small total tests the mental fortitude of the team and good experience as well.  Now, they know what can go wrong and how to improve on their faults.  Personally, this game had me quite on the edge towards the end.  

2 hours ago, DHONI_FANN said:

Lol at people thinking we will lose to Toygers. We are better than them in every department. Moreover, Afg's bowling is 10 times better than Bangladesh's on such wkts. Any team would have struggled against them. Just need to get Pant in before the knock outs now that it is confirmed that Dhawan would no longer be participating 

If they get similar pitch like we had today .. BD will have a good chance beating India,but on a flat track that will be nullified .

7 hours ago, devla said:

Narrow escape... better team is not going to give us that... Nabi left it too late - he tried a Dhoni

Nabi did very well under the circumstances. If Rashid had stayed for another over or so, they might have pulled off an upset.

Nut gotta love Afg team. 

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/108631/determined-not-overawed-nabi-rewrites-code-for-the-afghanistan-way

"It's my favourite team. Always my favourite team, and I support Indian team when I'm watching Indian team. So now and you also -- and also, my favourite is also Virat Kohli, and I played against him. So today I missed the opportunity to beat them. But India is one of the best teams now."

Gulbadin Naib, struggling for words in a foreign language, left no one in doubt about what he felt towards the team that had knocked them out of the World Cup on Saturday evening. There's perhaps no other international team that makes their love for an opponent so well-known. It brought back memories of Afghanistan's inaugural Test match in Bangalore, a game that turned out to be a no-contest as Afghanistan were bowled out twice in a day. They now train and play even 'home' games in India, and it's easy to join the dots to see why they'd want to emulate them.

Seconds before he professed his love for India, Naib stopped and struggled for words, but this time overcome with the emotion he was going through after the loss. Yet, that cheery turnaround had been swift. Further back in the day, Naib, went into a pose showing off his biceps after picking up the wicket of Mohammed Shami. A few deliveries later, he got Kedar Jadhav as well. But just as he began raising his arms again for a similar celebration, he cut it short. And ran away with a big smile instead. It was his way of showing respect for an innings well played. The turnaround, swift again. You could also see why the Afghanistan team is easy to like.

9 hours ago, nitinbwj said:

Saala Heart Attack kara diya..i thought that we would roll over Afghans as our mighty king struggled on that wicket.Turned out,there was nothing special in the wicket.A little slow yes but certainly a 270 wicket.

Thanks to Chahal,Bumrah and Pandya's wickets,we won it by 11 runs.Hard fought victory.I hope this is the bad match that was bound to happen.I am really suspect now about Dhongi and Jadhav.Midget doesn't have the ability but Dhongi could have smaked a few.He chose to kill the game for worse.Prime suspect..F I X E R

Abey pitch dried out in second innings and became better to bat.