KL Rahul needs to take the blame

sandsaims

14 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Gayle's ugly hoicks, slogs, huffing and puffing brought them to 185 but two classy innings by stokes and Samson made them chase without a sweat. Classy batting better than Gayle's ugly batting. Gayle is such an eye sore to batting 

I quite enjoy watching Gayle's ugly hoicks. Would you rather watch Rahul's 46(41) than Gayle's 99 (60 odd)?

18 hours ago, chewy said:

Rahul's 2nd slow poke innings this season once again playing a factor in Punjab defeat

46 off 40 balls for guy opening is Rahane level.

He has been trying to bat till the end for a while now at the cost of his team. Pathetic strategy which has no place in T20 cricket.

KL has a insecurity that if he gets out repeatedly cheaply while trying to go big in the early parts of the innings then his India career is finished- he would rather comprise strike rate, and accumulate runs just so he is always in the reckoning for India.

Typical indian sportsmen mindset of playing for themselves rather than the wider team

1 hour ago, diga said:

Give that guy a break.. This is first season of captaincy and he has tried to do the best for his team. He wants to give his team a fighting chance with some runs 

Compared to other captains , he hasnt done too badly. 

Too many KL Haters on ICF. Ignoring them.

22 hours ago, SK_IH said:

This is the exact reason I don't rate Indian batsmen in T20 cricket. Samson is an anamoly along with Pandya & Pant. Pant has weirdly started to ape these innings builders this IPL & has been unsuccessful. Imagine Pooran playing the balls that  Rahul wasted with his dilatory innings.

Pant is not intentionally aping innings builders.  He still has some aggressive intent, but something is getting in his way of his shots connecting.  My gut tells me that he will stomach these failures and come back stronger.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

4 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

KL has a insecurity that if he gets out repeatedly cheaply while trying to go big in the early parts of the innings then his India career is finished- he would rather comprise strike rate, and accumulate runs just so he is always in the reckoning for India.

Typical indian sportsmen mindset of playing for themselves rather than the wider team

I think he has trust issues with his middle order, and feels like he has to stick around in case they collapse.