Wasim Jaffer denies reported 'communal' allegations after quitting as Uttarakhand coach

5 hours ago, urbestfriend said:

I trust wasim jaffer more than these administrators who wants to play their favorite players and when called out, complain. If wasim is so religious, why no one had a problem when he was playing for vidharba. He was also a mentor there. 

Absolutely.. infact he was the one player who deserved more chances for india. Freaking 100 in 4th innings chase against England. Very few players have 4th innings 100 chasing in india and a century in south africa and a doublr century in Carribean. One bad aus tour 2008 and he was dumped..

17 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Meaning he was choosing undeserving players ?

Jaffer was coach. He picked his own team. selectors picked their own team. Players were saying both teams had some undeserving players. Very few players from Dehradun are picked while more from Haldwani, Kumaun mandal.  They were saying the team picked by association was even worse than the team picked by Jaffer. 

Edited by rkt.india
50 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Jaffer was coach. He picked his own team. selectors picked their own team. Players were saying both teams had some undeserving players. Very few players from Dehradun are picked while more from Haldwani, Kumaun mandal.  They were saying the team picked by association was even worse than the team picked by Jaffer. 

While this is not ideal, the allegation is that he picked players on the basis of religion!

Was that the case?

3 hours ago, raki05 said:

Why not how can you call maulvi/pandit at work place... it's absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah it is ridiculous in the first place.. But as there is no restrictions so nobody can raise an objection.  I once heard Inzi when he was captain took players to namaz before the game.  Jaffer might be religious as well. 

1 hour ago, neel roy said:

Absolutely.. infact he was the one player who deserved more chances for india. Freaking 100 in 4th innings chase against England. Very few players have 4th innings 100 chasing in india and a century in south africa and a doublr century in Carribean. One bad aus tour 2008 and he was dumped..

Jaffer was dropped after back to back failures in Aus and then vs SA at home. He kept on piling on the runs in domestic circuit, perhaps missed a trick by not trying for a County Contract which would have got him wider attention.

Gambhir had to be picked after what he had done in 2007 T20 WC and in the limited opportunities he had got in tests. He justified by produced perhaps the most prolific run by an Indian opener in a stretch of 15 tests spread over 18 months from SL tour in Jul 2008 to BD tour in 2010..he hit some 9-10 100s in 15 odd tests averaging 80+ in that period 

1 hour ago, NameGoesHere said:

Nope.  Verma has deliberately (and shamefully) raised the religious angle to cover up what I believe is his incompetence/ lack of integrity.

Thats what i was able to anticipate hence called it as shameless office politics. You don’t need to be Social scientist to guess loopholes in a story. Also, to me , @Mariyam jis question,  there is allways some bias and give a damn to such bias as i myself do it. So i am not going to claim that this is unnatural or everyone is like Saint Gandhi. Look at Kohli. He only selects allmost allways few wrong players. We call it his interest. We dint say that his selection is bcos someone is a Hindu or Sikh

Edited by mishra

I am mixed On this. Jaffer has done great service for Indian cricket. As a domestic veteran, as someone with decent international career, as a coach etc etc 

His personality based on his tweets and other interviews also show him as a wonderful and decent  guy.

However sorry but once a guy suddenly starts growing big beard, I can’t put anything past them when it comes to religion. I am traumatized by too many such case studies every day.

Right now though I am taking a leap

of faith by supporting him till

something conclusive comes out. People supporting him just for his religion are just the opposite side of the coin to people who have declared him a culprit because of his religion. 

Hope this is just a misunderstanding.

You  never know, how many times you hear stories like neighborhood community leader arrested for being a sex offender etc etc. 

6 hours ago, NameGoesHere said:

Now I know how easily people are manipulated.  You guys in particular.  

A few people on this thread have already blamed Jaffer from a religious perspective.  You don't have a frikkin clue -  because  this is a selection issue.  Religion has been deliberately brought up by Verma the BCCI appointed cricket association secretary to discredit Jaffer.

Both Verma and Jaffer are 'outsiders'(to Uttarakand).  But at least Jaffer has credibilty.  Verma, on the other hand is a nonentity, a piece of work (supported by scumbag Shukla).

Verma and his gang had one selection list, Jaffer had another.

Ultimately I don't know who was right or wrong, but given the people involved I'd rather believe an (ex) cricket player than a bureaucrat who is basically an oily political appointee and someone suspected to be on the take.  

I also personally know that this is impacting young players.

Agree, even the players I know are saying list made by Jaffer was better.  They picked long form players for one day games.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

I am mixed On this. Jaffer has done great service for Indian cricket. As a domestic veteran, as someone with decent international career, as a coach etc etc 

His personality based on his tweets and other interviews also show him as a wonderful and decent  guy.

However sorry but once a guy suddenly starts growing big beard, I can’t put anything past them when it comes to religion. I am traumatized by too many such case studies every day.

Right now though I am taking a leap

of faith by supporting him till

something conclusive comes out. People supporting him just for his religion are just the opposite side of the coin to people who have declared him a culprit because of his religion. 

Hope this is just a misunderstanding.

You  never know, how many times you hear stories like neighborhood community leader arrested for being a sex offender etc etc. 

I'm with you there. These players seem to go the Orthodox way the closer they come to retirement in the subcontinent. Misbah himself could pass for a jamaati right now. In this case though I'm prepared to give wasim the benefit of the doubt before comparing him with azharuddin which I was tempted to do.