Kohli steps down as Test captain

Don't like this decision . Kohli was a very passionate Test Captain, always hungry for a Win, competitive , in the face of opponents  and his energy motivated the other players of the team. It was fine when he left Captaincy in 1 or 2 formats but what's the problem if he was only Captaining in Test Cricket. It seems BCCI did go out of their way to punish him and show who is the Boss. Now expect the Test Team to fall to the same lows of the past. India will miss Virat the Test Captain more than Virat the Batsman.

Won't be surprised if he even retires from Cricket around 2023.

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Finally good sense prevails. At least 2 years late but thankfully he's done it. Perhaps realised that he's likely to be sacked soon.

Now to see if he can arrest the slide in his batting form. I'm not betting on it but will be happy to chew my words.

I dont think how this will pan out. Maybe rohit will be test captain but whatever we saw of rahul i m not confident of his captaincy as yet

7 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

This Ganguly being a d!ck...sorry to say. Our test team was doing so well.

Kohli as test captain in last 2 years - 7 wins, 7 losses in 15 tests. "Doing so well" my foot. After the next annual ranking update, we will probably be the 3rd or 4th ranked test team.

If it's BCCI, kudos to them. The next home cycle starts from our next test series vs SL. Best to start rebuilding for next SENA under a new captain from here 

Just now, Lone Wolf said:

He will be out of the side by the end of the cycle...  Hello Bollywood then. 

Anyways as long as new captain is not KLR..  I'd be fine.  Rohit as temporary fix & vice captaincy to Pant. 

He is still one batsmen who could if he wanted to be in pujara mode. Do you think a batting line up of gill vihari iyer pant will be able to win let alone draw any test in SENA