Saha vs the Respect journalist and ganguly's fake assurance

Once a person crosses 33-35, its ticking clock towards retirement... Saha survived till 37 with one of the most physically demanding jobs where a wicket keeper hardly gets a break like the bowlers or other fielders. I dont understand how Saha assumed that he will be allowed to carry on. Every match he plays is a bonus

Atleast Dravid the coach is pushing his vision by inducting youngsters and reasoning with those who may not get selected

Only in India would a 37 year old find it shocking that he is not part of the future of Indian cricket team. This is a legacy of our past players who’ve hung around longer than they should’ve because of entitlement. I understand playing for India amongst billion people is once in a life time opportunity but it doesn’t mean you milk the cow till it’s dead.

42 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

So, was this a publicity stunt by Saha all along? Get all the sympathy & then try to be magnanimous by saying 'i don't wanna ruin anyone's career'. 

should have done more to try and ruin gangu's career, but he won't. it was not gangu's duty to give him any assurances about selection.

This is a developing tv serial. Story so far.
 Boria is carrying Saha’s baby. He desperately wants Saha to call back so that he can tell him, “Ypu are the father.” Saha is grieving and coming to terms with the fact that he will never play for India again. He does not return Boria’s call. Boria lashes out, “ Baby, you never called back. When you come home, I will beat you good.” Saha is pissed off and tells the world “I can’t believe Boria did that.” The world turns on Boria big time. Now a couple of days have passed, and Saha has cooled down. He doesn’t want to take his dirty laundry to the BCCI. To be continued….

Regardless of all this, I still like Saha. He might have said some things out of disappointment and pretty much everyone agrees he doesn't deserve a spot. He has always done his best despite perpetually being 1-2 games away from being banished to the sidelines. Bookended by two star keepers, he still had a decent run despite starting his career in his 30s. Best pure 'keeper and the last of his kind. I feel it's time to remember him for his unique skills and service and move on from this topic. 

Just now, MultiB48 said:

Hope they don't pick Saha ,it will only encourage other troublemakers.

Absolutely middling cricketer got the privilege of getting to know from the coach how they are planning to mould the team for future & he is not in their plans. This is a kind of clear communication which I think even some great cricketers didn't get.

Iss aadmi se ye bhi hazam nahi hua & started throwing toys out of his pram, Ganguly told me this, Dravid told me that, Journalists threatened me etc etc.

I just hope this is a start, phasing out cricketers is the most crucial element of team building exercise. Indian cricket has been lagging in this aspect, hopefully Rahul Dravid remains proactive about this aspect. Even Dhawan in LOIs needs to be phased out.