Jadeja's batting promotion has the Rahul Dravid tappa all over it

sarcastic

12 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

I see absolutely no sense or reason in Jadeja's promotion today except may be to give him a batting chance after a long break.

But I can definitely see Rahul Dravid's hand in that. In fact, he would have insisted that to happen just like how Irfan Pathan has been promoted under his captaincy.

Do any of you feel it is a good move or experiment. Discuss.

bad move.  

India needs to stop wasting time 'assessing' Jadeja the t20 cricketer.  We know what he has to offer.  At best, he's a backup squaddie.  

14 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

I see absolutely no sense or reason in Jadeja's promotion today except may be to give him a batting chance after a long break.

But I can definitely see Rahul Dravid's hand in that. In fact, he would have insisted that to happen just like how Irfan Pathan has been promoted under his captaincy.

Don't feel one way or another about this being a Dravid move, but it's not a good move at all. Why give bonus batting opportunity to Jaddu when none of the youngsters get such freebies? 

11 hours ago, Lord said:

if Samson was promoted,it'd have been Dravid's idea due to RR connection.

Samson was number 3 in the initial list. Also, Rohit backed him like anything in the presser.

So, no it would be called as Dravid's idea if Samson was promoted. But I agree that Samson's selection to the T20I squad would have had Dravid's backing because he has seen him closely with RR.

Personally, I don't think that is wrong/corruption on the part of coach/captain. You back who you know better and trust more than what their numbers say.
It is the same reason why Ishan Kishan has being backed until he succeeded today.

Edited by sarcastic

It is likely based on maintaining L-R combination rather than looking at the match situation 

Rohit got out -> S Iyer walked in 

Kishan got out -> Jadeja walked in 

Likely ti be discussed by both Rohit & Dravid, which may mean that India could be playing with predetermined concepts rather than situation :hmmm:

46 minutes ago, zen said:

It is likely based on maintaining L-R combination rather than looking at the match situation 

Rohit got out -> S Iyer walked in 

Kishan got out -> Jadeja walked in 

Likely ti be discussed by both Rohit & Dravid, which may mean that India could be playing with predetermined concepts rather than situation :hmmm:

Hello world, look here who’s giving adviz 

the person who adds up over throws and byes to show how many runs His favrt batsmn scored in an over :giggle: 

Mister Minus IQ himself

4 hours ago, Majestic said:

If Samson would have been sent ahead and he gotten out, it would have counted as failure for him. Same for Venky  Iyer. So, isn't it good that they sent a guy who is a senior in 17th over?

Correct.

My main issue with today's performance was our poor scoring from the 7th to 15th over, we really should have scored 200+ with our launch pad.

Our fielding was also terrible. Simple dropped catches is unacceptable.

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

@express bowling- hey look im not the only one who underestimates jadeja 2.0 the batsman . Itna saal dhoka diya nhin hota vishwas kya kare

If only Shreyas Iyer can bowl half decent leg spin like Livingstone he can easily replace Jadeja. 

Since Jaddu made debut  performance middle order (4-11) for India in T20.  Rohit as lower order is an exception. Other than that nobody has a strike rate lower than Jaddu batting 4 to 11.  Anyway Jaddu bowls between 6th and 15th. You can easily slip in a few overs from any part timer during this phase. Heck even Krunal Pandya has a strike rate of 130.

QMZqqg9.jpg

Edited by vvvslaxman

Just 4 to 5 balls left to play. Is it not good to test Samson in situations where he gets the meat?

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk