Have heard more 'No' from Ravi Shastri than anyone else in Indian cricket team: Virat Kohli

Switchblade

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/cricket/article/have-heard-more-no-from-ravi-shastri-than-anyone-else-in-indian-cricket-team-virat-kohli/314707

Indian captain Virat Kohli was all of praise for team's head coach Ravi Shastri ahead of India's departure for the impending Australia series that will begin from November 21 onwards. Amid talking about India's mindset ahead of the tour and need for batters to step up while praising the bowlers, Kohli touched upon the importance of Shastri to the Indian team and to his dominating batting career so far. In fact, Kohli even shrugged off rumours about Shastri being a Yes man to Kohli's comments. 

Kohli eulogised Shastri and was more thankful to the former Indian cricketer for having pulled him out of misery after the dismal 2014 England tour where the Indian captain had averaged below 15 in the five-match Test series. He added that even Shikhar Dhawan can vouch for that after his glorious 2015 World Cup campaign where he was India's highest-scoring batsman. 

"The contribution that he has brought to the table ever since we started building this team, is making people believe that they belong to the team. And I can vouch for it because, at a time when we all went through a really difficult time in England in 2014 for me to be able to come out of that shell and lot of other players like Shikhar Dhawan in the 2015 World Cup, he can vouch for that as well. To get the best out of players I think he has been the most important factor as far as that is concerned. And it is man-management that Ravi bhai has done brilliantly for the time that he has done with the team." said Kohli in the pre-departure presser before Australia tour. 

The 30-year-old also clarified that Shastri is the only person who has said more noes to him in Indian cricket than anyone else. "About saying yes all the time, that is the most bizarre I have heard for I haven't head anyone saying no to me more than anyone else in the Indian cricket. I made more changes to my game listing to him than anyone in the past," Kohli added. 

Shastri has been associated with the Indian team as their head coach since the summer of 2017. Under him, India capped off a remarkable home season defeating Sri Lanka, Australia, and New Zealand, while scripting a historic whitewash over Sri Lanka in the Island nation. In 2018, the team came under criticism and so did Shastri's position as coach after India's back-to-back overseas Test series defeat. 

Shastri is much maligned coach but he is doing his job.I cannnot find fault in him as a coach.The problem is batsmen have been putrid.No coach can produce results when you openers don't even reach double figures for three tours.Dhawan was horrible in tests but was Rahul who played more than him better, Vijay and Rahane have done nothing either.

Let Shastri says 100 or even 1000 'no's captain saab.... we the fans need results... both of you have messed up 2 tough abroad tours.... While one was a close one another was a disaster. No better chance than this 3rd one with a weakened Aussie team. First bring results and then talk what ever you want.