Indian ODI squad for South africa announced .NO KL Rahul

PSB_Zone

17 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

LAxman did play 2-3 odi under dravid 

There was a huge diff between our bench strength then n now , seniors returning still made some sense

Balaji came back on good t20 perfomances

Just checked and yes Laxman was completely done in ODIs by 2006 under Dravid. My bad on that. However, my point still remains though that Dhoni didn't drop him, he was done a good year or so before Dhoni became captain. 

Some butthurt chaploos will come and blame Dhoni for this now. Oh wait, they already did. :lol:  Kuch bhi karlo galti to Dhoni ki hi hai or else ICF will not go to sleep. 

I see some great fans of Indian Cricket have already started wishing for loss of our team. Idiotic. Rahul or no Rahul, it doesnt matter, Kohli and his team will continue to play and biggest criteria to judge will be Ws. Nothing else. Perceptions, conspiracy theories, fans loving and hating are all secondary. People create stories as per their liking, today they like Rahul- tomorrow Rahul will become captain and do the same thing. 

Focus on winning, this is the best time to win an away test series in SA, Aus, England. Go India and Kohli, go win it.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

He is already prevailing and doing well in Tests. He played brilliantly against Aus in a tough series at home. 

It's been confirmed by the management that he'd the spare opener for the SA tests. Vijay-Dhawan are the openers. Left right combination, experience etc. Apparently Rahul would get a chance to play at some stage in the future, according to Shastri.

He's considered the 4th option as opening batsman for ODIs. Behind Rohit, Dhawan and Rahane. No place for him in the middle order either. So, basically out of ODI team.

In T20Is, Rahul averages 50+ with SR of 150+. Played the last 2 T20s only because Dhawan is rested. Before that he could not find a place in the playing XI which consisted of Dhawan, Iyer, Pandey, Karthik. So, there's a big chance he'd be out of the team in T20s too when Dhawan is not rested. 

In summary, there's a fair chance that Rahul will not be in playing XI in any of the 3 formats in the next series.

India should play this side now:

Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Iyer
Dhoni
Jadhav
Pandya
Chahal
Bhuvi
Shami
Bumrah

Ideally this side I wanted:
Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Rahul
Iyer
Dhoni
Pandya
Ashwin/Jaddu
Bhuvi
Shami
Bumrah

Big blunder in selection. Hope they keep KL and Ash/Jaddu back in SA on top of test performances.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

India should play this side now:

Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Iyer
Dhoni
Jadhav
Pandya
Chahal
Bhuvi
Shami
Bumrah

Ideally this side I wanted:
Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Rahul
Iyer
Dhoni
Pandya
Ashwin/Jaddu
Bhuvi
Shami
Bumrah

Big blunder in selection. Hope they keep KL and Ash/Jaddu back in SA on top of test performances.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Why would you choose Ashwin/Jaddu instead of Chahal/Kuldeep?

Not MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly reckons KL Rahul is solution to India's No 4 woes in ODIs

After India's first T20I victory in the series against Sri Lanka in December, stand-in skipper Rohit Sharma reckoned that Dhoni is apt to fill up the No 4 spot. The Ranchi legend had scored 39 runs off just 22 deliveries

"MSD (Dhoni), he's just class. No. 4 really paid off. He's played so many games for us, won so many games for us and moving forward, we feel making him bat at No. 4 is ideal," Rohit said after India's 93-run win over Lanka in Cuttack.

"For a long period of time, MS has been finishing games off, but we want him to bat freely now, without that pressure."

Even stats have long revealed Dhoni capability up the order. More average and better knocks have come off his willow at No 4.

But Ganguly differs in opinion. In the Cuttack encounter, Rahul, stepping up as an opener, scored a T20I fifty. “I am also happy to see KL Rahul score runs again. He is a very good player and the selectors need to give him confidence. He is, for me, the solution to the No.4 woes for India in One-day cricket in tough conditions because on quick pitches, the backfoot game is important and Rahul has one. Don’t let him lose confidence,” wrote Sourav Ganguly in a column in Times of India.

http://www.timesnownews.com/sports/article/not-ms-dhoni-sourav-ganguly-reckons-kl-rahul-is-solution-to-india-no-4-woes-in-odis/181848

Looking at how effortlessly Rahul hits sixes I feel he has to play as opener. The more deliveries he plays  with more field restrictions the better. Dhawan has been good as well and I think he should be tried at number 4 since he doesn't look to go over the top as much I think he could do fine their coming in with less fielding restrictions.

Edited by Silva
9 hours ago, Vilander said:

He has to be a better keeper that dhoni to get selected. Meaning bad days in keeping from dhoni and good glovework from pant in domestics. Mot some 90 in 50 balls..keeping from pant. Bcci is definitely going to back him for future.

That's never going to happen. Even Saha isn't better than Dhoni in stumpings. Dhoni is good only at stumpings. Everything else he is as bad or good as any other keeper. Against pace strictly average. How can two t20s games where pant didn't even keep we're good enough to judge him? How can 3 ODIs in middle order were good enough to judge Rahul. Selectors and kohli are doing Sutiyspanti. One day Kohli says we cant sit a talent like Rahul and three games later he can't find a place in the squad.  We are back to 90s kind of selections where we didn't give young players enough chances to perform. 

Edited by rkt.india
3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

That's never going to happen. Even Saha isn't better than Dhoni in stumpings. Dhoni is good only at stumpings. Everything else he is as bad or good as any other keeper. Against pace strictly average. How can two t20s games where pant didn't even keep we're good enough to judge him? How can 3 ODIs in middle order were good enough to judge Rahul. Selectors and kohli are doing Sutiyspanti. One day Kohli says we cant sit a talent like Rahul and three games later he can't find a place in the squad.  We are back to 90s kind of selections where we didn't give young players enough chances to perform. 

Wont get selected asblong as Dhoni is better in keeping its simple really.

14 hours ago, PSB_Zone said:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/21855691/shami-thakur-picked-india-odis-south-africa

India ODI squad: Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik, MS Dhoni (wk), Axar Patel, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Hardik Pandya, Mohammad Shami, Shardul Thakur.

How can rahane play ahead of rahul in odi