Raina clears the YoYo test.

beetle

http://www.cricketcountry.com/news/suresh-raina-clears-yo-yo-test-ahead-of-indias-tour-to-south-africa-671963

Suresh Raina clears Yo-Yo Test ahead of India's tour to South Africa

Suresh Raina on his bid to make a national comeback cleared the much hyped Yo-Yo Test at the National Cricket Academy, Bengaluru on Tuesday.

Suresh Raina is regarded as one of the finest limited-overs players to have played for India © Getty Images
Suresh Raina is regarded as one of the finest limited-overs players to have played for India © Getty Images

Scoring bulk of runs, taking bagful of wickets and being at your acrobatic best. Are these parameters enough to make it to the Indian side? No. The Yo-Yo Test is a mandatory demon to be conquered. Earlier this year, there were several reports of Suresh Raina and Yuvraj Singh failing the Yo-Yo test. Raina was asked in October about his failure to clear the endurance test to which he shot back, “You (the reporters) speak to BCCI.”

Anyway all that is past. Raina, on his bid to make a national comeback, cleared the much hyped Yo-Yo Test at the National Cricket Academy, Bengaluru on Tuesday. He posted the same on his Instagram and also praised the academy.

“Cleared my Yo-Yo & fitness test today, after days of hard work at #NCA! ‪Received tremendous support from all the trainers, coaches & officials. ‪Thank you all! ‪It’s always so encouraging to train here at #NCA, motivates me to push my limits and bring the best out of me,” Raina wrote.

Edited by beetle