Indian players you had high expectation of but dissappointed you this IPL

Austin 3:!6

My List:

Prithvi Shaw - I really expected a lot from him as an opener but his glaring technical weakness which we have noticed in NZ tour was once again evident this IPL.

Shubhman Gill - Technically he is all good but just does not look like a good T20 cricketer. His batting is way too slow and honestly my expectation was much more from him.

Rishabh Pant - I know many ICF'ers wont like it but he has been the biggest disappointment. Got fat during lock-down and is looking really unfit. Batting gone downhill and keeping was never good anyway.

Hardik Pandya - Expected more from him with the bat especially now that he is not bowling. The fault should also lie with Mumbai Indians as mostly they send him at the fag end of the innings.

MS Dhoni - I thought he will now play with more freedom since he has retired from internationals and under no more pressure. My expectation was he will have the same effect as Tendulkar had after the burden of 100th 100 gone from his shoulders and started to express more. But we are still seeing the old political Dhoni talking about process, blaming others etc.

Kuldeep Yadav - Disappointing, simple as that. That novelty is gone and he is no longer the same bowler he was before.

What is your list?

Edited by Austin 3:!6

Ankit rajpoot - his pace have dropped

Gopal - confidence isnt same

Kuldeep - such a softie he is 

Avesh - pace dropped 

Thats it , was disappointed by KL intent in between he is back at his best. 

Rest pant n pandya have been top ipl players in last few yrs so one off season can happen. It will happen to everyone

Shaw n gill have struggled with timing so im not to worried 

Not towards a particular player. In fact giving benefit of doubt to few players like Siraj, Gill, Jadeja, Rahane, Kuldeep etc because I don’t think they belong to this format in the first place anyways. However I am let down by the lack of

Real Power hitters

Genuine allrounders

Guys having ability to hit from ball 1 in any position 

genuine quicks (more than 1)

Real genuine skill based spinner

Edited by maniac

Gill, massive disappointment. I am not talking about strike rate, he is not even consistent with that strike rate. I would have been impressed had he scored 400 till now with that strike rate but he ain't even doing that. Having said that he should be part of India's squad for Aus tests ahead of phoney Rahane.

Three of our brightest prospects...Pant, Shaw, Gill 

Pant looks a shadow of himself. What one year around Team India has done to the self confidence of the bloke is saddening. 

Shaw is getting found out, but its good its happening early in his career. Needs to work on his game and fitness.

Gill is too burdened with responsibility in that KKR line up, cant bat freely.

Edited by Vickydev

12 hours ago, maniac said:

Not towards a particular player. In fact giving benefit of doubt to few players like Siraj, Gill, Jadeja, Rahane, Kuldeep etc because I don’t think they belong to this format in the first place anyways. However I am let down by the lack of

Real Power hitters

Genuine allrounders

Guys having ability to hit from ball 1 in any position 

genuine quicks (more than 1)

Real genuine skill based spinner

Good post. It's just more mediocrity in general.

17 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

My List:

Prithvi Shaw - I really expected a lot from him as an opener but his glaring technical weakness which we have noticed in NZ tour was once again evident this IPL.

Shubhman Gill - Technically he is all good but just does not look like a good T20 cricketer. His batting is way too slow and honestly my expectation was much more from him.

Rishabh Pant - I know many ICF'ers wont like it but he has been the biggest disappointment. Got fat during lock-down and is looking really unfit. Batting gone downhill and keeping was never good anyway.

Hardik Pandya - Expected more from him with the bat especially now that he is not bowling. The fault should also lie with Mumbai Indians as mostly they send him at the fag end of the innings.

MS Dhoni - I thought he will now play with more freedom since he has retired from internationals and under no more pressure. My expectation was he will have the same effect as Tendulkar had after the burden of 100th 100 gone from his shoulders and started to express more. But we are still seeing the old political Dhoni talking about process, blaming others etc.

Kuldeep Yadav - Disappointing, simple as that. That novelty is gone and he is no longer the same bowler he was before.

What is your list?

Good list! I too had expectations on all the above except Dhoni. He is retired, so he can do whatever he wants as long as CSK management allows him to. 

Besides the above, my disappointing players are: 

KL Rahul who got bitten by the consolidation bug and slowed down his batting. 

Nagarkoti who repeated elementary mistakes like bowling short and wide to get clobbered again and again.

Sarfraz Khan who did nothing of note coming on the back of some excellent performances in domestic cricket.

Shreyas Gopal who has lost the sting in his bowling.