Can India chase 328 at the Gabba in the 4th innings?

Can India chase 328 at the Gabba in the 4th innings?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Can India chase 328 at the Gabba in the 4th innings?

2 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Happy to be proven wrong. Wish every time I predict something against us goes against me. 

3 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

And I wasted 5 hours of my precious time and life tracking Brisbane radar..

Pujara was unbelievable. Hats off. The game goes to him. If you know what i mean then you could imagine that this win was impossible. Puji tired Patty and Josh so much that they had no teeth left in the end.

The whole thing is unbelievable. So happy to be wrong. 5 days of excellent cricket. Thats why Test cricket always rocks. Worth 100 block buster movies packed in 1 test. T20 cricket doesnt even come close to this. I didnt miss Dravid or Laxman or Tendulkar yesterday. 

Having said that young lads did excellent. This is perfect team work and win. Kudos to Rahane for leading the team.

12 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

List out everyone who believed in the team and voted "Yes" as well :two_thumbs_up:

Mistakes Committed by TIM PAINE:hitler:

1. Took India Lightly , Gave little runs specifically when they could see that the Pitch had not deteriorated much. they should have tried to score a little more runs instead of trying to hit out skilled India Pacers Siraj , washie and Shardul. NAttu also had the capability to get few wickets but I think Australians played him with caution.

2. When they saw that Gill had scored a 91 and Indians were going for a WIN , they should have defended. In tests even ultra wide balls are not declared as WIDE Balls , their Pacers should have defended and if we tried to chase those balls, we would have lost wickets and Aussie's would be in dominant position. bowling at the 7th and 8th stump is also an attacking line in Tests as 3 slips and a Gully are ready to pouch a catch. Instead they tried to BOUNCE and HIT Indian batsman and Indian batsman knew that a bouncer will come and were ready to pounce on it. Washie hit a 6 off Starc  144k bouncer as he knew that starc will bowl a bouncer. when the bowling attack becomes open to Batsman, it becomes very easy for the batsman to face. Bouncers are effective only when it comes as a surprise , same is about yorkers.

3. Time missed so many catches.

4. why did they play the same attack for all 4 tests?? I have played a 45 over Match and 35 over matches and 20 over matches. 

some times i have played 2 matches in 2 days. every time when i went to play the second match , my body had not fully recovered from the bruises and pains that I suffered on the first day.

I have never played 3 days continuously.  Specifically for Bowlers , they should be rotated. 

i could not beleive when australia played all same 4 bowlers in all tests. they should have rotated at least one Pacer for each Test. cummins , starc and Hazel were looking RED as a Tomato Sauce botttle and would you believe that they started as 133k with the new Ball and later increased Pace when they tried hard but bowled a lot of SHort balls.

if a batsman is ready to get Hit then the SHORT BALL losses its Potency as batsman ducks or goes for a SHOT.

A defensive field and a defensive bowling attack by bowling at the 8th stump , bowling few Maiden overs would have got Pant out as he never has the Patience to not score like Pujara. when Gill attacked Australia , they could have got the asking run rate to go UP.

Did you Notice  NO CHANGE IN THE Bowling plan was implemented. attack was to hit the Body of Batsman or Hit at the stumps. our players play well on the Leg. Dont they remember GRATH used to bowl for 6 overs on the 4th 5th 6th and 7th stump and then batsman used to Snick him as they could not score.

they should not have got stuck to the plan that they will go for a WIN and get all INDIAN batsman OUT? Australians played to WIN and INDIANS also PLayed for a WIN , we played a Shade better so we won the Match. In a Test Match the team that plays for a draw on the final day , gets to score equal points for the Match as the other team.

Indians played for a DRAW as soon as Pant was out in SYDNEY and we successfully drew the Match. But Australians did not do so and Hence lost the Match.

Now we beat them in TESTS 2-1 and Beat them in T20's 2-1 and we lost in ODI 1-2.

Had we beat them in ODI too, what would have happened?

4 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

1. Took India Lightly , Gave little runs specifically when they could see that the Pitch had not deteriorated much. they should have tried to score a little more runs instead of trying to hit out skilled India Pacers Siraj , washie and Shardul. NAttu also had the capability to get few wickets but I think Australians played him with caution.

2. When they saw that Gill had scored a 91 and Indians were going for a WIN , they should have defended. In tests even ultra wide balls are not declared as WIDE Balls , their Pacers should have defended and if we tried to chase those balls, we would have lost wickets and Aussie's would be in dominant position. bowling at the 7th and 8th stump is also an attacking line in Tests as 3 slips and a Gully are ready to pouch a catch. Instead they tried to BOUNCE and HIT Indian batsman and Indian batsman knew that a bouncer will come and were ready to pounce on it. Washie hit a 6 off Starc  144k bouncer as he knew that starc will bowl a bouncer. when the bowling attack becomes open to Batsman, it becomes very easy for the batsman to face. Bouncers are effective only when it comes as a surprise , same is about yorkers.

4. why did they play the same attack for all 4 tests?? I have played a 45 over Match and 35 over matches and 20 over matches. 

some times i have played 2 matches in 2 days. every time when i went to play the second match , my body had not fully recovered from the bruises and pains that I suffered on the first day.

I have never played 3 days continuously.  Specifically for Bowlers , they should be rotated. 

i could not beleive when australia played all same 4 bowlers in all tests. they should have rotated at least one Pacer for each Test. cummins , starc and Hazel were looking RED as a Tomato Sauce botttle and would you believe that they started as 133k with the new Ball and later increased Pace when they tried hard but bowled a lot of SHort balls.

if a batsman is ready to get Hit then the SHORT BALL losses its Potency as batsman ducks or goes for a SHOT.

A defensive field and a defensive bowling attack by bowling at the 8th stump , bowling few Maiden overs would have got Pant out as he never has the Patience to not score like Pujara. when Gill attacked Australia , they could have got the asking run rate to go UP.

Did you Notice  NO CHANGE IN THE Bowling plan was implemented. attack was to hit the Body of Batsman or Hit at the stumps. our players play well on the Leg. Dont they remember GRATH used to bowl for 6 overs on the 4th 5th 6th and 7th stump and then batsman used to Snick him as they could not score.

they should not have got stuck to the plan that they will go for a WIN and get all INDIAN batsman OUT? Australians played to WIN and INDIANS also PLayed for a WIN , we played a Shade better so we won the Match. In a Test Match the team that plays for a draw on the final day , gets to score equal points for the Match as the other team.

Indians played for a DRAW as soon as Pant was out in SYDNEY and we successfully drew the Match. But Australians did not do so and Hence lost the Match.

Now we beat them in TESTS 2-1 and Beat them in T20's 2-1 and we lost in ODI 1-2.

Striker bowlers should be rotated after every 2 or 3 tests. That's where Aussies failed. India were just better overall though. No amount of excuses can save Aussies. 

4 hours ago, Soldier said:

Striker bowlers should be rotated after every 2 or 3 tests. That's where Aussies failed. India were just better overall though. No amount of excuses can save Aussies. 

Would we have done differently if we had our first choice bowlers? Bumrah, Shami amd Ishant would've played all 4 matches if they were fit to do so. India and Australia are both top 3 Tests sides. Both are aware of good the other team is. You need the best players to win this series. You can't rest them like you would against a Pakistan, West Indies or Sri Lanka.

On 1/19/2021 at 1:08 PM, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

I'm more than pleased to be wrong and I'm sure other naysayers would say the same. But I would have appreciated this post if it wasn't for the fact that you never voted "yes" in your own poll nor did you say the same thing in your posts before. How can you pump your chest up and write in bold letters that we were wrong when you didn't even put your name on the line. Its easy to say after the game is over. How long did it take to type out all the names who voted no. Its already clear from the poll. You are just looking for attention with higher font size and bold letters. What a drama queen :facepalm:

Edit: tagging the same guys who voted "no" :phehe: to read this in case someone misses this post of me calling your BS

@figo6762 @Sandeep99 @ThirtyD. @Banton @kohli @ShanS @Gollum @adi B @WC2011INDIA @f20143g70 @dial_100 @Aiden @Andy @PKMKB_PKMKB @Indwin @velu @Forever Indian @urbestfriend @neel roy @bahadur_billa @kaptaan @jf1gp_1 @Real McCoy @Frustrated @st12345 @Nash @sandsaims

Edited by Real McCoy
2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I'm more than pleased to be wrong and I'm sure other naysayers would say the same. But I would have appreciated this post if it wasn't for the fact that you never voted "yes" in your own poll nor did you say the same thing in your posts before. How can you pump your chest up and write in bold letters that we were wrong when you didn't even put your name on the line. Its easy to say after the game is over. How long did it take to type out all the names who voted no. Its already clear from the poll. You are just looking for attention with higher font size and bold letters. What a drama queen :facepalm:

Why would I vote on my own poll? Both this and the last match where I created a similar thread, I believed we could chase it down even before the last day's play began.

On 1/18/2021 at 10:25 AM, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Is it still out of reach? 25 overs today, a full day tomorrow. Are the conditions challenging to bat?

On 1/18/2021 at 8:23 PM, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Rohit Sharma is capable of playing run a ball. If he goes to bat with the intention of taking the attack and it comes off for at least one full session without losing too many wickets, could be a chance. But rain is forecasted for tomorrow as well.

On 1/19/2021 at 9:50 AM, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Stokes scored 76 with the last wicket remaining. It's not that bad a situation yet.

@Real McCoy First comment before innings began, second after 4th day's play got over and third when over 200 runs was still required.

12 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

I think if he had been more defensive & played for a draw..  He would have been grilled by the media & ex players about non Aussie spirit & everything. 

Even when in 17 overs India needed 90 odd to win he was trying to be attacking.  

It was a catch 22 situation for him. 

Add to that Rahane's tactics were of a genius & was an absolutely well planned chase.  Kohli's poor planning & tactics led to our defeat on a flat Adelaide.  Here Rahane hid his intentions till the last session.  That's why we were able to pull off a heist.  Genius level tactics from Rahane & co. 

Paine & Australia never saw it coming.  Whereas in Adelaide Kohli had already shown all his cards in 2014.  One slip up & we lost. 

12 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

I think if he had been more defensive & played for a draw..  He would have been grilled by the media & ex players about non Aussie spirit & everything. 

Even when in 17 overs India needed 90 odd to win he was trying to be attacking.  

It was a catch 22 situation for him. 

Add to that Rahane's tactics were of a genius & was an absolutely well planned chase.  Kohli's poor planning & tactics led to our defeat on a flat Adelaide.  Here Rahane hid his intentions till the last session.  That's why we were able to pull off a heist.  Genius level tactics from Rahane & co. 

Paine & Australia never saw it coming.  Whereas in Adelaide Kohli had already shown all his cards in 2014.  One slip up & we lost. 

3 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

@Real McCoy First comment before innings began, second after 4th day's play got over and third when over 200 runs was still required.

That doesn't prove anything. You were merely making observations. Unless you said, India is gonna win or vote yes on the poll, anything you said is just meaningless in this context. And why the need for bigger fonts and bold for people who voted no. It seems you are seeking attention :lol: