Goeesbump inducing picture and tweet

maniac

Actually all these guys deserve praise even the ones who didn’t have a great game like Umesh and Pujara.

I pointed this out during India’s 1st innings as well, the way Umesh was ready to take body blows and still not get rattled or tempted to do brainless slogging and get out, he was really determined. Also that killer outswinger that got rid of the opener before he was injured. He was also looking dangerous on this pitch.

Pujara too was more active  and participative in team strategies etc than his usual

docile self when Kohli is around.

All in all this match itself deserves a movie made. Super inspiring. I have not been this thrilled with an Indian win since 2007 WT20 probably. Even 2011 WC win was business as usual as we were expected to win it.

Edited by maniac
38 minutes ago, maniac said:

not for me, for Some reason this win feels really liberating. Usually feels this way after a Ind-Pak WC match :giggle:.

I guess the 36 allout did effect me a lot more :dontknow:

So true bro...

For us passionate cricket fans, Test cricket wins in SENA (Especially in Aus/ RSA) are so so special....

After watching humiliation after humiliation away from home in the 1990's, every win in SENA feels special.

Also, personally THIS win is the best Indian win (on Par with WC2011 and Perth 2008) as we buried the ghosts of Adelaide and how ! Further, this win reimposes my faith that 2018 win was not a fluke. Warner/Smith wouldn't have mattered then and won't matter from now on in this series (hopefully) :pray: 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Actually all these guys deserve praise even the ones who didn’t have a great game like Umesh and Pujara.

Pujara did have a reasonable game. In the first inning was in the 2nd over itself. Soaked up the pressure to play 70 balls. If guys like Rahane had been in the 1st 10-15, they could have got out 

PS In most games, he is doing or trying to do what Dravid-Bangar did at Old Trafford for e.g. (soaking up the pressure early on from fresh bowlers charging w/ the new ball) - Link

Edited by zen
2 hours ago, maniac said:

All in all this match itself deserves a movie made. Super inspiring. I have not been this thrilled with an Indian win since 2007 WT20 probably. Even 2011 WC win was business as usual as we were expected to win it.

This this this, happiest I have ever felt over a cricket result. Who saw this coming? Test cricket you beauty, also Team India may frustrate us a lot but then we have days like this:dance:

Edited by Gollum